Belkin Acquiring Cisco's Linksys Unit By March

Status
Not open for further replies.

raidenfox123

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2006
Linksys is now going from bad to worse. Being bought up bought a company that's business model is to make it cheap and crappy. I have never used Belkin or ever recommended Belkin to any of my customers. Heck take a look at Toms latest review on 802.11ac band routers and you can figure out what Belkin is all about.

For my this will not change anything since I haven't bought a Linksys router since the WRT54G, and will never touch a Belkin.

Oh hell. Belkin offers poop in boxes for sale, and are on my personal "do not buy" list for multiple short-term product deaths, across multiple categories. Maybe they're trying to improve by buying more competent producers, but they may also make changes of the sort (e.g. "cost cutting" measures) that will destroy those products too. No thanks; I've got a nice Netgear router now, or I'll go back to D-Link.

NitzerEbb

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
I never liked Belkin products and I used to like Linksys back in the day, but now I wont buy either one of them.
I gave up on Netgear cause they went downhill.
I like my Asus Router and d-Link.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
History shows that 90% of the time belkin only half delivers on their claims on the products packaging. I see "Linksys" dieing a short death, or a long drawn out death when people realize that they are really getting an inferior product now.

Linksys=Good (or at least adequate)
Belkin=Awful

Somehow I dobut that the virtue of Linksys will make Belkin any better of a company. This is no dobut going to be the death of Linksys.

thankfully ASUS is here to take Linksys' place!

klarkmdb

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
I am still currently using a Linksys WRT54G. Heck i need to purchase another Linksys router before there's any element of Belkin with the new products.

I used to believe that about their cables. Then I bought a set of Belkin spark plug wires. They got two days and a couple of re-seatings to work, but I quickly recognized that chugging into my employer's parking lot on one cylinder (the others having dropped out during the 10-minute drive) was just not a good idea.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
After what Cisco did recently (the forced Cloud Connect signup issue) i hoped things wouldn't get worse for Linksys.

And then this happens :-(

The Linksys products pre-Cisco were great. Now not so much.

when Cisco took over Linksys it went bad. No more Open source firmware support due to the change of chipset manufacturer, and then came Cloud firmware updating.

And when you think it can't get any worse, now this. BELKIN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.