Benchmarking GeForce GTX Titan 6 GB: Fast, Quiet, Consistent

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]why didn't they include the dual core GPU card from AMD??? got to love how powerful the HD7970 is...[/citation]

Are you referring to the Radeon 7990? They might have left it out because it's not an official card right now.

solo75080

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
Rather pricey for a gaming card, but what about as a production tool? I'd be interested if Tom's hardware could also include a render test as there are many Render apps that are GPU based. I cannot justify buying this for gaming but if it's a render beast then I can use it to increase productivity. I'm assuming this will be great for Rendering based solely on the cores and ram, but is it the best?

G

Anyone else notice how they praised the hell outta the 690 but didn't mention the better performing 7990 Devil 13?
It's obvious they made this card to compete with the 7970, if they weren't so stubborn and lowered their prices people would take the small performance loss for the better reliability and better drivers Nvidia provides.
I went with a Radeon 7870 for my second computer for $175 (w/rebate) and haven't looked back due to the price.

[citation][nom]Mikemike86[/nom]Anyone else notice how they praised the hell outta the 690 but didn't mention the better performing 7990 Devil 13? It's obvious they made this card to compete with the 7970, if they weren't so stubborn and lowered their prices people would take the small performance loss for the better reliability and better drivers Nvidia provides.I went with a Radeon 7870 for my second computer for $175 (w/rebate) and haven't looked back due to the price.[/citation]

They did mention it and have addressed it many times, along with other 7990/7970X2 cards as well.

hondaissace

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
The GTX 690 performs better than the titan in most of the games, why should I buy titan then? NVidia should have made titan the fastest card in their lineup, 690 is 2 680s, but whatever, it's still the fastest.

G

If the GTX 690 is faster, why is the Titan the same price? Shouldn't the Titan be cheaper if it comes with a performance penalty?

john dong

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
people without a gtx 690 should not talk, I have one and i don't get no micro stuttering issues at all, its been eliminated by hardware based frame metering. Its good as a single good.

I agree. People who make comments about perceivable stuttering performance being normal with all multi-GPU setups have most likely not used SLI.

I've used both SLI and crossfire. With SLI I have no stuttering problems. With crossfire, at times there was so much stuttering, it was like watching an old, worn reel movie on an old projector in elementary school (you had to be there to know what I'm talking about).

uryry

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
[citation][nom]spookyman[/nom]well I am glad I bought the 690GTX.Titan is nice but not impressive enough to go buy.[/citation]

Enjoy dat microstutter. ;)

grassy00

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
Guys, it all comes down to buisness advertising as most tests are a whole heap of bullshit. When the 690's came out why the hell didnt nvidia tell us the titans were not far behind. According to the tests been done between the two cards the tatan seems superior. Why would nvidia beef up the 690 and mot say a word about the titans. Why bring the 690's out in the first place especially with 2 gpu's and then they bring the titan out with 1 gpu and charge people the same so they can buy more of them to match the 690's. Why because they are fucking scum.Its all buisness, they give out a good card but make the public suffer for it. For those who paid good money for the 690's i feel sorry for because they were like the rest of us lied to.

AmitSS

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
We’ll keep this in mind as resolutions increase and consecutive frame time differences naturally increase.

i want to know that titan has also greater FPS as compare to the two; 680 and radeon but still titan got the second place for the lag b/w 2 frames. why 690 has high lag and why not titan according to your above statement.

Weak1ings

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
It's interesting that the GTX 690 is always on top for the GTX titan, 780, R 290X, 780 Ti.
At the outrageous price of a Titan...
ALL these cards I mentioned are marketing ploys to get your money.

So you think they should be making it as charity?

Weak1ings

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013

Note: I said Marketing! These cards are Very powerful but just simply not worth it. The cards make us say: Oh the GTX 660 is only 1/5th of the price of that TItan but only Half the performance! What a deal!

Think of it this way, the chips they use the GTX780ti / 290x are TOP binned. THat means the process of making them has to be very mature and pretty much the chips closest to the center of the wafer.

I guess paying that premium if you have the money, why not?

I personally always aim for the one down for top tier 290/GTX780.

Status
Not open for further replies.