[SOLVED] Benefits of 32gb of RAM?

:))

Jan 1, 2020
My cousin just got me 4x8gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro for my birthday on New Years Eve, to replace my 2x4.
When I asked him why he got me so much RAM, he told me not to sell it because it could be useful for running virtual machines (I'm trying for a Computer science degree, have no idea what a virtual machine is used for yet)

Solution
Say thank you. You may not need 32GB yet, but there's a good chance you'll be needing/using >16GB in a few years.

Unless you just started your freshman year of your CS degree, you may want to google what a virtual machine is... yikes!
Say thank you. You may not need 32GB yet, but there's a good chance you'll be needing/using >16GB in a few years.

Unless you just started your freshman year of your CS degree, you may want to google what a virtual machine is... yikes!

Reactions: :))
Solution
D

Deleted member 14196

It means you can run more virtual machines than just one at a time and a virtual machines looks and acts just like a real computer. It’s good for software development and testing purposes

Reactions: :))

Jan 1, 2020
It means you can run more virtual machines than just one at a time and a virtual machines looks and acts just like a real computer. It’s good for software development and testing purposes
I just haven't found a use for it yet. To be fair, I don't think I ever coded outside of school, so now may be a good time to start lol

Jan 1, 2020

I need more than 16gb of ram for my degree or it's just nice to have? I'm planning to keep my rig at home for the first semester to get used to things.