BenQ water spill

David Gilmour

Reputable
Apr 22, 2015
Hello, my father opened bottle of water and it blew up or something.. the water itself was in centre but really small of it was at the bottom, I unplugged removed it , turn off monitor and pc and unplug it and let it be some time on fan ( ventilate it ) what else can I do? I'm really scared and idk.. I need some advise, thanks in advance it's a zowie benq xl2411

Solution

:bounce:

David Gilmour

Reputable
Apr 22, 2015

I don't really think that It would go inside the panel itself, I just hope it didn't because as soon it happened I just instantly unplugged it and also I used small cloth and clean it with nails I don't even know how to explain that.. I wanna remove bezel itself and let's see what happens

David Gilmour

Reputable
Apr 22, 2015
at the bottom, there was really small hole in monitor itself like really small I just reversed it and clean it up also when I used my flashlight to see actually if there was water or no , there was really small of it that was shining holy shit I'm so fucking worried

HamBown81

Commendable
Aug 3, 2017

Just make sure you don't turn it back on until you are sure. If you unplugged right away you SHOULD be okay but only time will tell.

David Gilmour

Reputable
Apr 22, 2015

at least it was not big , I would call it small because what was at the bottom I removed it instantly and tried to remove it with ear sticks swell

HamBown81

Commendable
Aug 3, 2017

If you can open it up a bit and/or remove the bezel without damaging it. I would say that a fan on it overnight and you should be good to go.

Try it out and see, that's all you can do at this point

David Gilmour

Reputable
Apr 22, 2015
okay i'm writing all this with my pc and with zowie xl2411, everything is fine now i feel kinda euphoric and i think it's not same monitor but i know it's same , i let it dry on a fan and everything seems fine, 6 hours was fine i think.

HamBown81

Commendable
Aug 3, 2017

:bounce:

Solution