Bent CPU pins, Bent Back

SubZed

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
Hi, recently built a computer and I started it up. The computer would start but it wouldnt show any video out of the GPU. upon inspection of ALL parts except the mobo, the CPU pins were bent. I unbent them with a flat head screwdriver and some tweezers and plugged it back in. Same problem. So I was wondering, is my CPU dead or mobo? Or is there something else going on. Im using an AMD FX 6300 CPU and an AMD Radeon R9 270X 4gb GPU. Thanks

nuts32605

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
Make sure your pins are *really* straight. The socket is not designed to catch the pins at an angle. Use a credit card to line up the rows. I've done this before when I pulled out a heatsink and the CPU stayed attached to it.

SubZed

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014

The pins are almost factory straight, I dont see why they wouldnt go into the hole. But next time I have time to look at it ill make sure that I try the credit card.

SubZed

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014

The first time I had actually forgotten about the triangles and lined it up with the squares.. That could have been the original issue. But after I fixed the pins, I did.