[SOLVED] Bent pin on ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A

Mar 23, 2022
Can i get some advice on how to proceed with a possible bent pin on my motherboard cpu socket.
Here are some images. It's hard to see from certain angles but somehow it seems different from other pins. From certain angles light reflects differently from it.
I have not installed the cpu yet and the mobo is fresh out of the box. Should i even try to boot up my PC or ask for RMA?
Thanks for the advice.
View: https://imgur.com/a/TI1jVRA

Solution
If you have any x3 reading glasses or some other magnifier, you should be able to see really close as to if its bent out of alignment. It may just be light catching it slightly differently. The image is not close enough for me to see properly.
I have done several bent pin realignments for custmers and made my own de-bending tool using a sewing machine needle with the end bent (2 mm tip) at 90degree to get a good angle to work at.
Due to the extreme delicate nature of the pins, if you have a shakey hand or less than perfect eye sight or good magnification, tread with extreme care.

If its fresh out of the box from new stock, it should be perfect, so is it new stock or "open box" stock ?
If you have any x3 reading glasses or some other magnifier, you should be able to see really close as to if its bent out of alignment. It may just be light catching it slightly differently. The image is not close enough for me to see properly.
I have done several bent pin realignments for custmers and made my own de-bending tool using a sewing machine needle with the end bent (2 mm tip) at 90degree to get a good angle to work at.
Due to the extreme delicate nature of the pins, if you have a shakey hand or less than perfect eye sight or good magnification, tread with extreme care.

If its fresh out of the box from new stock, it should be perfect, so is it new stock or "open box" stock ?

Solution