ShowbizAtol933

Honorable
Nov 2, 2015
Hello I just purchased a Maximus X hero from eBay and when I installed my 8700k it would give me bios code 00. When I removed the CPU I noticed that there may be a pin missing. When I looked closer with a zoom camera it looks like it’s actually just bent backwards. Just looking for a second thought before I return it. Thanks
KILS9Nw.jpg

Solution
You can try to fix it using a magnifying glass and a small screwdriver's blade, the pins are made from copper so they can bend.
Given this is a recent purchase, and given the extent of that bend, I absolutely would NOT try to fix it.
If he were to try to fix it, it will likely break. Then it would be HIS fault, and any return/refund is off the table.

And this is speaking from someone who has actually fixed bent pins on an Intel board.

USAFRet

Titan
You can try to fix it using a magnifying glass and a small screwdriver's blade, the pins are made from copper so they can bend.
Given this is a recent purchase, and given the extent of that bend, I absolutely would NOT try to fix it.
If he were to try to fix it, it will likely break. Then it would be HIS fault, and any return/refund is off the table.

And this is speaking from someone who has actually fixed bent pins on an Intel board.

Solution

ShowbizAtol933

Honorable
Nov 2, 2015
Ok, I started a return, I don't really want to risk trying to fix the pin I've never done it before and this doesn't look like a particularly easy one to fix either way. Thanks everyone for the help.