[SOLVED] BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 on Aorus Ultra z490 with i7-10700k on

Dec 29, 2020
Hi,
just bought a Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4 for an i7-10700k on an Aorus Ultra Z490.
Unfortunately, realised that due to its big size the CPU cooler takes place from 2 memory slots of the mobo (I have 2*16 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4).
What do you propose me?
Change the CPU cooler for a smaller size model such as Be Quiet! Dark Slim or TF2 ?
or to keep it as the i7-10700k requires a lot of cooling, even if I will not be able to use the other 2 slots in the near future ?

Solution
You can get a AIO if u want,it has a much smaller cpu block cooler than a air cooler.Its rare that AIO's cause ram clearance problems.
Dec 29, 2020
You can get a AIO if u want,it has a much smaller cpu block cooler than a air cooler.Its rare that AIO's cause ram clearance problems.
Hi Djoza and thanks for the reply.
In terms of effectiveness do you think that the AIO cooler can meet the heating requirements of a i7-10700k or it's better to change the "big" CPU cooler with a "smaller model" such as Be Quiet! Dark Slim ?

Hi Djoza and thanks for the reply.
In terms of effectiveness do you think that the AIO cooler can meet the heating requirements of a i7-10700k or it's better to change the "big" CPU cooler with a "smaller model" such as Be Quiet! Dark Slim ?
Depends on which AIO you buy.
This is the one to get if you want a 240mm one,they also come with sizes up to 420mm:

Reactions: gandrian