[SOLVED] beQuiet Pure Base 600 --- question about the top panel ?

SteveBeast

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
Hey guys,

I've got a beQuiet Pure Base 600 Case and I attached a fan on the upper side of the Case. I added a picture to show where exactly I put the fan (Its marked with 2 red arrows).
The fan is right above the cpu cooler.
So my question is, can I close the upper Lid, or should I leave it open for the best airflow? There are just 3 small vent slots on the lid, where only a small percentage of air could go out.
I also added 2 pictures, one of the lid and one of the case without the lid (where as you can see , theres a lot of possibility to get dust into the case)
So whats the best way? Thanks guys!
pw9wcwg2.jpg
qvjeha99.jpg
52se5tc9.jpg

Solution
I got 2 140mm at the front panel which suck the air in, and one 120mm at the back for exhaust. I can either put 2x140mm in the front or 3x120 mm. I decided for the 140mm because of the noise.
And at the back I can only put the one which was already installed.
And I got a Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU Cooler. So its very weird that it gets soo hot. Someone told me about Undervolting, but I'm really scared of that, because I'm a PC Noob.
I usually use the PC for Gaming, Editing Videos, Drawing and Photoshop.

Minus the top exhaust I don't think there's much more you can do to improve the fan setup, but I understand not wanting to leave the top open

But like I said I don't think your processor is running dangerously hot. It might not be...

Furzumz

Reputable
If you wanted best airflow I'd assume top panel off and dust it out more often

If you want to dust it out less often top panel on and keep an eye on temperatures to see if everythings alright. If everything looks fine especially under heavier loads you should be fine

Furzumz

Reputable
Ok or remove the top fan?

If you're going to leave the panel on you could remove the top fan if you wanted to considering it looks like it wouldn't push out much air if those are open slits on the panel. Might not be completely useless but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't help much with the top panel on

If you're not running two intake fans on the very front of the case you could move the one from the top to the front as a second intake fan

And make sure you have at least 1 exhaust fan in the back somewhere

Last edited:

SteveBeast

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
Yeah unfortunately if I leave the panel only a slit open it's too loud. The CPU cooler gets very loud. But in another thread I also mentioned, that I have a lot temperature problems with the i7 10700k. Mce is disabled btw. Cinebench test 88 degrees after 10 minutes. Cyberpunk playing 77 highest peak. And in idle its always fluctuating from 40-60.

Furzumz

Reputable
Yeah unfortunately if I leave the panel only a slit open it's too loud. The CPU cooler gets very loud. But in another thread I also mentioned, that I have a lot temperature problems with the i7 10700k. Mce is disabled btw. Cinebench test 88 degrees after 10 minutes. Cyberpunk playing 77 highest peak. And in idle its always fluctuating from 40-60.

If the most demanding thing you're using it for is gaming I wouldn't worry too much about the cinebench test as most games aren't going to be slamming your processor to 100% usage at all times like Cinebench does

Intel list their tjunction at 100C for that processor, 77c doesn't sound dangerous IMO

How many case fans do you currently got and how are they arranged?

SteveBeast

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
I got 2 140mm at the front panel which suck the air in, and one 120mm at the back for exhaust. I can either put 2x140mm in the front or 3x120 mm. I decided for the 140mm because of the noise.
And I got a Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU Cooler. So its very weird that it gets soo hot. Someone told me about Undervolting, but I'm really scared of that, because I'm a PC Noob.

Furzumz

Reputable

Minus the top exhaust I don't think there's much more you can do to improve the fan setup, but I understand not wanting to leave the top open

But like I said I don't think your processor is running dangerously hot. It might not be ideal but its not baking itself. You're well under 100c and 88c after 10 minutes of cinebench shows even a very intense stress test like that couldn't get it past 90c.

Unless you're running it at 90c or higher for very long periods of time on a regular basis your processor will likely outlive its obsoletion

There's also another person with the same cooler and processor reporting similar temps, including the spikes: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/are-my-i7-10700k-temperatures-good-normal-safe.3640117/

Solution

SteveBeast

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021

But like I said I don't think your processor is running dangerously hot. It might not be ideal but its not baking itself. You're well under 100c and 88c after 10 minutes of cinebench shows even a very intense stress test like that couldn't get it past 90c.

Unless you're running it at 90c or higher for very long periods of time on a regular basis your processor will likely outlive its obsoletion

There's also another person with the same cooler and processor reporting similar temps, including the spikes: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/are-my-i7-10700k-temperatures-good-normal-safe.3640117/
yeah but he says he hasnt gotten more than 80 so far, but not which temps he got exactly. But I get what you mean, he says also he has these spikes. And now while writing this and doing nothing else I have Core VIDs of MAX 1.271 V so far, I don't now is this in an acceptable area? Its always fluctuating my VIDs like my temps. BTW I got to say I played Cyberpunk wit these temps (max 76) maybe 45 Minutes, got to try how the temps change if I play longer. But what if the temps after a while of playing Cyberpunk stay in the 80-90 area all the time, would that be a reason for concern?
But then I thought after playing a while of Fallout 76, oh this is fine I only get max 60 there. But today I played it again, and after 30 minutes the highest peak was also 75. So its always weird how its behaving.
But if you say only If i get 90+ over a longer a period of time, I think I just let the PC do its thing. Because my current system was only for testing, I havent decided yet if I want to buy it!
And now for example its idling at 43 while just watching a youtube video its weird

Last edited:

Furzumz

Reputable
yeah but he says he hasnt gotten more than 80 so far, but not which temps he got exactly. But I get what you mean, he says also he has these spikes. And now while writing this and doing nothing else I have Core VIDs of MAX 1.271 V so far, I don't now is this in an acceptable area? Its always fluctuating my VIDs like my temps. BTW I got to say I played Cyberpunk wit these temps (max 76) maybe 45 Minutes, got to try how the temps change if I play longer. But what if the temps after a while of playing Cyberpunk stay in the 80-90 area all the time, would that be a reason for concern?
But then I thought after playing a while of Fallout 76, oh this is fine I only get max 60 there. But today I played it again, and after 30 minutes the highest peak was also 75. So its always weird how its behaving.
But if you say only If i get 90+ over a longer a period of time, I think I just let the PC do its thing. Because my current system was only for testing, I havent decided yet if I want to buy it!

I haven't dabbled in voltages before so I couldn't comment in that regard, sorry

The issue with heat is that it effects the lifespan of the processor. If your processor hits 100c it won't instantly destroy it but running it at such a high temperature for long periods of time can wear down its lifespan

If its staying below 90c it will probably last you for quite a long time. Chances are you'd be upgrading it long before it dies. You'd need a magical crystal ball that predicts the future to know for 100% certain when or if a processor will die but generally speaking, unless you're running a processor at a unreasonably hot temperature (in your case over 90c) on a regular basis you should be fine.

Heck I have a old AMD athlon processor that I used a lot when I was younger, I ran that thing much hotter than it should of been running at because I didn't understand that I needed to clean the dust out of my computer. It's now about ~14 years old and it still works to this day in my old HP computer

SteveBeast

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
I haven't dabbled in voltages before so I couldn't comment in that regard, sorry

The issue with heat is that it effects the lifespan of the processor. If your processor hits 100c it won't instantly destroy it but running it at such a high temperature for long periods of time can wear down its lifespan

If its staying below 90c it will probably last you for quite a long time. Chances are you'd be upgrading it long before it dies. You'd need a magical crystal ball that predicts the future to know for 100% certain when or if a processor will die but generally speaking, unless you're running a processor at a unreasonably hot temperature (in your case over 90c) on a regular basis you should be fine.

Heck I have a old AMD athlon processor that I used a lot when I was younger, I ran that thing much hotter than it should of been running at because I didn't understand that I needed to clean the dust out of my computer. It's now about ~14 years old and it still works to this day in my old HP computer

Ok thanks for your help. I guess I just pass on undervolting for the moment then. So you dont know if the voltages are fine?
And do you think the temps could be because of a faulty MoBo, CPU Cooler or the CPU itself? Because I just ordered all the stuff at Amazon, but you never know if its faulty. Thats why I switched all the stuff (CPU Cooler, the CPU itself with the same one, and the MoBo , applied Thermal Paste again) a few times but its didnt help. Or maybe its the Pure Base 600 Case? I just dont get why other have 30-40 in idle and max 65 at Cyberpunk and I have 10 degrees more. And they use the same cooler for the CPU, thats why its so weird, and I thought maybe its the Voltages?
And btw do you know if FPS can be related to CPU Temps? Because after a while of playing Fallout 76 it always drops from 83 to 55. Sorry thats a lot of questions, but I just have so many :D

Furzumz

Reputable
Ok thanks for your help. I guess I just pass on undervolting for the moment then. So you dont know if the voltages are fine?

I don't know much about voltage end of things, sorry I'm useless in that regard. Hopefully someone else here will know

And do you think the temps could be because of a faulty MoBo, CPU Cooler or the CPU itself? Because I just ordered all the stuff at Amazon, but you never know if its faulty. Thats why I switched all the stuff (CPU Cooler, the CPU itself with the same one, and the MoBo , applied Thermal Paste again) a few times but its didnt help. Or maybe its the Pure Base 600 Case? I just dont get why other have 30-40 in idle and max 65 at Cyberpunk and I have 10 degrees more. And they use the same cooler for the CPU, thats why its so weird, and I thought maybe its the Voltages?

I highly doubt your cpu and motherboard are faulty. Same goes for the CPU cooler

There's a lot of different factors that can determine why someone with a similar setup might be getting different temperatures then you. Things like the CPU cooler they're using, the temperature of their room, their case's airflow, computer settings and what it is they're using the processor for

Since your temperatures seem to be in a safe range I think you're fine

And btw do you know if FPS can be related to CPU Temps? Because after a while of playing Fallout 76 it always drops from 83 to 55. Sorry thats a lot of questions, but I just have so many :D

Could you clarify further on this? I'm not sure what you mean. Is the drop from 83 to 55 while gaming? Or do you mean it drops when you're out of the game?

SteveBeast

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
I don't know much about voltage end of things, sorry I'm useless in that regard. Hopefully someone else here will know

I highly doubt your cpu and motherboard are faulty. Same goes for the CPU cooler

There's a lot of different factors that can determine why someone with a similar setup might be getting different temperatures then you. Things like the CPU cooler they're using, the temperature of their room, their case's airflow, computer settings and what it is they're using the processor for

Since your temperatures seem to be in a safe range I think you're fine

Could you clarify further on this? I'm not sure what you mean. Is the drop from 83 to 55 while gaming? Or do you mean it drops when you're out of the game?

Yeah I got these frame drops while gaming. So if I start Fallout 76, its usually at 84 FPS, but then out of the sudden it drops to 55, then goes up again to 75. And if you play the game, these drops are pretty annoying , because theyre pretty visible. But theres no VSYNC in the Options so that I could lock it at 60 FPS for example.

BTW, yeah I asked in another thread: Question - i7 10700k gets too hot! | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com) about the Voltages, but I think the guys are a bit annoyed of me because I ask so much and dont seem to understand it. But its very complicated for me, sorry. :)

Furzumz

Reputable
Yeah I got these frame drops while gaming. So if I start Fallout 76, its usually at 84 FPS, but then out of the sudden it drops to 55, then goes up again to 75. And if you play the game, these drops are pretty annoying , because theyre pretty visible. But theres no VSYNC in the Options so that I could lock it at 60 FPS for example.

BTW, yeah I asked in another thread: Question - i7 10700k gets too hot! | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com) about the Voltages, but I think the guys are a bit annoyed of me because I ask so much and dont seem to understand it. But its very complicated for me, sorry.

Its common for games to have fluctuating FPS, that's part of the reason why FPS capping is usually a setting in most games. When things have to be rendered it can cause a FPS dip. I remember when I played Rust (sorta similar to fallout 76 in concept if I recall correctly with the base building and all that) I would see my FPS dipping down and shooting back up as new buildings were rendered

Fallout 76 also had a notoriously bad launch. I wouldn't be surprised if it has some optimization issues still

If you put a cap on your FPS that might in theory help your temperatures. Uncapped FPS puts a bigger load on your video card to spit out more frames per second. More load on your video card means more heat in the computer case, more heat in the case means more heat around the processor. Capping your FPS in games (if there's a setting for it in said games) could be worth a shot. It would also make it less annoying with the FPS dips as it will be more consistent

And no need to apologize, computers are pretty complicated. Nothing wrong with asking for help

SteveBeast

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
Its common for games to have fluctuating FPS, that's part of the reason why FPS capping is usually a setting in most games. When things have to be rendered it can cause a FPS dip. I remember when I played Rust (sorta similar to fallout 76 in concept if I recall correctly with the base building and all that) I would see my FPS dipping down and shooting back up as new buildings were rendered

Fallout 76 also had a notoriously bad launch. I wouldn't be surprised if it has some optimization issues still

If you put a cap on your FPS that might in theory help your temperatures. Uncapped FPS puts a bigger load on your video card to spit out more frames per second. More load on your video card means more heat in the computer case, more heat in the case means more heat around the processor. Capping your FPS in games (if there's a setting for it in said games) could be worth a shot. It would also make it less annoying with the FPS dips as it will be more consistent

And no need to apologize, computers are pretty complicated. Nothing wrong with asking for help

Ok nice. And since a few days I hear a very annoying sound like a constant hissing in the PC Case, but only when playing a game. Not even in the menu of the game, only when really playing the game. Could that be Coil Whine of the GPU? I never had that problem before.
And another weird thing is. If I start the PC my graphic card starts zipping like a cricket. Only if I start MSI Aferburner (with a fan curve enabled) it stops. What could that be? I mean I know that the fans of my GPU only start spinning at 60 degrees, but thats weird.
BTW about the temps, I will monitor them with playing games. If I hit 90 degrees, I will write again. But everything under 90 should be fine right? Just to be sure.

Furzumz

Reputable
Ok nice. And since a few days I hear a very annoying sound like a constant hissing in the PC Case, but only when playing a game. Not even in the menu of the game, only when really playing the game. Could that be Coil Whine of the GPU? I never had that problem before.

Hard to say off a text description alone, but the most common things are usually either noisy fan(s), coil whine or something vibrating . Coil whine is harmless but annoying and a noisy fan can possibly be a indicator of a bad fan but not always

You'd probably be better off making a new thread for that as I probably wouldn't be of much help there. Unknown sounds can be a bit of a wild goose chase

And another weird thing is. If I start the PC my graphic card starts zipping like a cricket. Only if I start MSI Aferburner (with a fan curve enabled) it stops. What could that be? I mean I know that the fans of my GPU only start spinning at 60 degrees, but thats weird.

I'd assume its something with how your fan profiles are set. My 2070 blasts its fans at full speed but when windows boots up it goes back to normal

If you have any fan settings in the bios they're probably set to 100% speed. Afterburner takes over the fan settings from there. I could be wrong on some of this tho, I'm not well versed with fan profiles

BTW about the temps, I will monitor them with playing games. If I hit 90 degrees, I will write again. But everything under 90 should be fine right? Just to be sure.

As long as you're staying under 90 you should be fine. 90+ won't instantly destroy your CPU but consistently running it over 90c for long periods of time can possibly lower its lifespan

SteveBeast

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
OK thanks , ok because of the noise stuff, I have Smart Fan Control enabled in the BIOS so it doesnt run at 100 Percent all the time, but as you said I'll start a new thread about that :D And about the vibrating, you mean something is not mounted good enough maybe?

And now monitoring Cyberpunk with HWinfo, 22 minutes in and peak was 75 so far. Its pretty high right.? Ill give you an update after some time!
And btw I dont even get 60 FPS all the time mostly 50-55! Is that normal for an i7 10700k and a rtx 2070 super?

Furzumz

Reputable
OK thanks , ok because of the noise stuff, I have Smart Fan Control enabled in the BIOS so it doesnt run at 100 Percent all the time, but as you said I'll start a new thread about that :D And about the vibrating, you mean something is not mounted good enough maybe?

And now monitoring Cyberpunk with HWinfo, 22 minutes in and peak was 75 so far. Its pretty high right.? Ill give you an update after some time!
And btw I dont even get 60 FPS all the time mostly 50-55! Is that normal for an i7 10700k and a rtx 2070 super?

75c is perfectly safe, sounds good so far

For the FPS is that with the FPS cap enabled? FPS cap doesn't lock it at 60 FPS, it just prevents it from going past a certain specified number.

If you meant in general I'm not really sure. Some of this stuff is beyond my knowledge :sweatsmile:

SteveBeast

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
75c is perfectly safe, sounds good so far

For the FPS is that with the FPS cap enabled? FPS cap doesn't lock it at 60 FPS, it just prevents it from going past a certain specified number.

If you meant in general I'm not really sure. Some of this stuff is beyond my knowledge :sweatsmile:
Yeah got Vsync at 82 right now in Cyberpunk maybe Ill try lower it to 60. But as for Fallout 76 you say the dips are normal right?

And now if it gets so hot (75 degrees) in cyberpunk of course the CPU Cooler gets louder, and I can hear it clearly through the bequiet pure base 600 altough the lid is closed, i guess thats normal right? And the downside of CPU intensive games?

And about the Cinebench thing. if it gets to 88 after 10 minutes, it would probably got higher if I had et the stresstest run longer right? So operating with Adobe Premiere and watching a Video at the same time wont probably be a good idea right? :D

Furzumz

Reputable
Yeah got Vsync at 82 right now in Cyberpunk maybe Ill try lower it to 60. But as for Fallout 76 you say the dips are normal right?

And now if it gets so hot (75 degrees) in cyberpunk of course the CPU Cooler gets louder, and I can hear it clearly through the bequiet pure base 600 altough the lid is closed, i guess thats normal right? And the downside of CPU intensive games?

And about the Cinebench thing. if it gets to 88 after 10 minutes, it would probably got higher if I had et the stresstest run longer right? So operating with Adobe Premiere and watching a Video at the same time wont probably be a good idea right? :D

Dips can happen in any game really, its not abnormal. And yeah the hotter the cpu gets the more the fans can ramp up which can cause more noise.

As far as adobe goes you can give it a shot and see how it goes. I'm unfamiliar with adobe so I couldn't say how hard it would stress it. But as long as its staying under 90 you should be good

SteveBeast

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
Ok. The Xbox Series S is way more quieter than my PC :D

Ok I'll try Adobe, and give you an update then, because I need it for work. Otherwise I hope I'll be able to return the CPU if it gets over 90.

But thank you very much for your help :D

SteveBeast

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
Hey its me again. I just got one question, I heard if you change your PC parts like graphics card and stuff, you should always wear static bracelet so that your components wont be hurt.
I never wore one, and now my graphics card makes a weird noise. Could I have damaged my stuff?

TRENDING THREADS