[SOLVED] Best 1440res monitor for gaming $800

Solution

I'm glad you are considering 1440p 21:9 for your RTX 2080. It will be an awesome gaming experience being able to immerse yourself in the scenery made available by the 34'' inch ultrawide screen.

While others might point you to the very popular Asus Rog Swift PG348Q, I personally would recommend the Dell Alienware AW3418DW monitor. From my monitor buying experience, the Dell Alienware monitor lines have very impressive quality control. The chances of you receiving a bad unit is almost none. But that's just me.

Both of the above monitors are ultrawide 34 inches, 120 Hz refresh rate, Gsync, and IPS panels.
Prices...

thtran6

Upstanding
Oct 2, 2018

I'm glad you are considering 1440p 21:9 for your RTX 2080. It will be an awesome gaming experience being able to immerse yourself in the scenery made available by the 34'' inch ultrawide screen.

While others might point you to the very popular Asus Rog Swift PG348Q, I personally would recommend the Dell Alienware AW3418DW monitor. From my monitor buying experience, the Dell Alienware monitor lines have very impressive quality control. The chances of you receiving a bad unit is almost none. But that's just me.

Both of the above monitors are ultrawide 34 inches, 120 Hz refresh rate, Gsync, and IPS panels.
Prices for the two will be slightly different depending on where and when you buy them. But generally they're both sitting around $1,000 give or take.

I believe these two monitors are the BEST candidates for 21:9 at 2k resolution. You will not be disappointed buying either one of them.

Get the Dell Alienware AW3418DW here (on sale): https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Alienware-Monitor-Resolution-Overclocked/dp/B0777RY75V

Get the Rog Swift here: https://www.amazon.com/PG348Q-Ultra-Wide-3440x1440-DisplayPort-Monitor/dp/B01C83BE6U

Solution

favelado77

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2013

both are awesome but the dell is 120 hz and cheap...this make it better....LOL

thtran6

Upstanding
Oct 2, 2018
Yup Yup. I currently own the Dell Alienware one. It is awesomeeee! 1 year and still going strong.

If you read up the customer reviews on both monitors, you'll see that the Dell clearly wins in in terms of positive experience, quality control, and consequently RMAs.