Feb 17, 2019
so first before I ask the question, I need to get one thing straight, will different 2080Tis matter that much? Will the performance vary a lot through different liquid cooled 2080Tis or it's really not that big of a deal and I shouldn't be stressing my ass out like I am right now for choosing the right one?

anyways
so I'm going to go liquid with a 2080Ti. Didn't buy one yet wondering which one would be best. I would obviously be overclocking it as far as it would go, so wondering which one would yield the best performance. KEEP IN MIND the blocks from EK ONLY support reference PCBs and STRIX PCBs (they just released the block for the strix PCB yay)

which one will it be?
ROG Strix
MSI gaming x trio
EVGA FTW 3
Founders
Palit
zotac
etc...
some of the cards might have unsupported PCBs so keep that in mind
also I've HEARD that there are rumors of founders dying for no reason so... idk if that's true or just AMD fanboys hating on Nvidia :mad:

so yea right now I have my eyes set on the strix, it's honestly the best brand out of all, been around for longest, excellent quality, gets great clocks and thermals.
I mean I could definitely be wrong so if you think the strix is not the best by all means tell me

may our frames be high and temperatures low

Last edited:
I really like the strix cards, and my 1070 was great. Overclocked well and ran cool on the stock cooler. But I think the FTW3 card is awesome as well. Good design and excellent power delivery. And if the ek block doesn't fit, it's already available with a block straight from evga.

Feb 17, 2019
I really like the strix cards, and my 1070 was great. Overclocked well and ran cool on the stock cooler. But I think the FTW3 card is awesome as well. Good design and excellent power delivery. And if the ek block doesn't fit, it's already available with a block straight from evga.
hmm will they vary alot tho or only a bit what I mean is if I choose the wrong card it won't be the end of the world right?

Definitely not. But it would suck to buy a card and a block, and have the block not fit! The ftw card is available with a block fitted already, and has a nice custom pcb. You mentioned the release of the strix series waterblock from ek, so you know those have an option, and are great cards. The xc and xc ultra from evga also have blocks available from evga as well as the ek blocks fitting.

Feb 17, 2019
Definitely not. But it would suck to buy a card and a block, and have the block not fit! The ftw card is available with a block fitted already, and has a nice custom pcb. You mentioned the release of the strix series waterblock from ek, so you know those have an option, and are great cards. The xc and xc ultra from evga also have blocks available from evga as well as the ek blocks fitting.
hmmmm the strix fits FOR SURE

so strix or FTW3...

decisions decisions