[SOLVED] Best 32 inch 2560 x 1440 FreeSync Gaming Monitor that's the most G-Sync friendly

Sep 5, 2021
I've been doing research on FreeSync monitors that are G-Sync compatible and have been reading horror stories of the flickering even after using the 1.4 cables. I have yet to find any articles or info on FreeSync monitors that are actually the most G-Sync friendly.

Does anyone have a monitor recommendation or have any advice? Thanks.

Solution
And also cost a lot more money. Freesync monitors have been usable with nVidia cards for a while, now.
Depends. G-Sync certified are Freesync monitors that have been tested and certified as working correctly. Although you can enable G-Sync on all Freesync monitors some do not work properly. A G-Sync certified monitor does not cost anywhere near as much as a G-Sync or G-Sync Ultimate monitor which have the inbuilt G-Sync processor.
Correct.

I was looking for which FreeSync monitors that were G-Sync compatible actually ran best with G-Sync. Sorry for the confusion.
Yes, a Freesync monitor that is guaranteed to run G-Sync as it’s tested by NVidia will be called G-Sync Certified. If it doesn’t have that accreditation then NVidia have not tested it and/or passed it. The link I shared will take you to a page listing all certified and other G-Sync monitors

Sep 5, 2021
Well I was hoping that would end it but it didn't. Monitors that were on that list have many reviews that they are suffering from flickering.

here is an example. This is common for most of the monitors i've seen

Samsung - Odyssey G7 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync and G-SYNC Compatible Monitor with HDR

HORRIBLE SCREEN FLICKERING
Verified Purchase|
Posted 10 months ago.
If you actually do some searching for reviews you'll see the common complaint that samsung refuses to admit exists which is screen flicker. As soon as you turn on G SYNC the monitor suffers from HORRIBLE screen flickering in games. If you turn G SYNC off if goes away but G SYNC is going to be 98% of the reason people buy this monitor and if you can't use it then the monitor is worthless. This issue persists from its release until the writing of this review. I thought surely its been fixed by this point so i rolled the dice and low and behold it is still there. I tried it in DOOM, World of Warcraft, Phasmophobia and no mans sky. Flickering in every single title. I tried all the fixes that people have recommended trying over the course of this monitors life span and nothing fixes it except turning g sync off. Im returning this to the store as soon as i hit submit on this review. If you're a gamer DO NOT BUY THIS MONITOR. Don't believe me? go watch some youtube videos about the screen flicker and just type in G7 screen flicker on google and go ham reading reviews.

There are many more reviews with the same result

Last edited:
And also cost a lot more money. Freesync monitors have been usable with nVidia cards for a while, now.
Depends. G-Sync certified are Freesync monitors that have been tested and certified as working correctly. Although you can enable G-Sync on all Freesync monitors some do not work properly. A G-Sync certified monitor does not cost anywhere near as much as a G-Sync or G-Sync Ultimate monitor which have the inbuilt G-Sync processor.

Solution