Best 3d games?

G

what games have the best graphics right now for the nvidia
geforce 2 gts cards? So far my favorite games are Madden 2001, IGI, and Hitman. Any other suggestions?

AMD T-Bird 750
Leadtech G2 GTS 32mb
Asus A7V

G

Hi sameoll

If you really want too stress your card and system, try "sacrafice" and "giants".

Right now im playing ONI and gunman chronicles. Oni is not what i expected. Although the melee combat is excellent, the weopon selection is below par (in my opinion),and the whole game seems like a ps2 ripoff.
Although gunman chronicles got some mediocre reviews, im reall enjoying it. Granted its using the dated half life engine,but it works and some of the effects are spectacular. The game is a bit short though.

My favorite game in the past six months has got too be Voyager Elite Force. The AI and level design is second too none.

Thanks for reading my opinion,and i hope too see others too :)

mark
henrietta ny
gamerx_2001@yahoo.com

"I thought i would never see a resonance cascade, let alone create one."

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001
Sacrifice, Giants, and Alice are the newest games with the best graphics. Also, there's always Quake III and Q3 engine games (such as Star trek Elite Force).
My favorite game in the last year has easily been Deus Ex, which also won game of the year from IGN and PcGamer, as well as in some reader choice awards. Besides that it has gotten excellent reviews and I LOVE THAT GAME it is SO good. If you haven't played it you must!! :) THe graphics are very good, too.
Another good game is Unreal Tournament (last years game of the year from many places). Lots of gameplay there and not its not too expensive.
Oh yeah, and another new game that is really good is No One Lives Forever. It has good graphics but nothing ground breaking; but the gameplay is GREAT! Won best action game of the year from many publications (almost all actually) and is a lot of fun.

G

Hey Dannya

Your going too kill me for this.

Deus ex came bundled with my new 5.1 sound card. Can you believe i havnt even tried it yet, and i had it for about 3 weeks. Thanks for reminding me. Ill dig it up and load it in.

LOL
mark

"I thought i would never see a resonance cascade, let alone create one."

G

deus ex runs like crap on most systems.. i quit playing after a week... get unreal tournament

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001
I played and beat Deus Ex on a PIII 450 w/128 MB RAM and a TNT2 Ultra 32MB at 800x600 res, details maxed, and it I got pretty good performance. Just get the newest patch that helps its run a lot better on D3D/OpenGL. Also I turned down my sound quality a little to get some extra FPS (I couldnt really tell difference in sound qual).
But with your system specs it should be fine.

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I agree, try Sacrifice, Giants, Alice, Quake III, and Unreal Tournament always looks nice.
Maybe try some Mechwarrior 4 for kicks.
:smile:

LordKaos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
Except for Need for Speed 2, all Nee for speed series is good!

Need for Speed Rules!

Rally Masters and Colin McRae 2 are cool too!

Better burn in Hell with some company than freeze in Heaven all alone

G

overclocking is a waste of a computer... in most cases overclocking can actually slow your computer down. and causing alot of issues... most cpus now going from 700 to 900 is barely much notice.

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"overclocking is a waste of a computer...in most cases overclocking can actually slow your computer down"

On what planet is this?

"There's no such thing as gravity, the Earth just sucks"

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Only if you live in a fish bowl. Overclocking from 700 to 980 got me about 30% better scores in 3D-Mark 2000 and eliminated choppyness in my games. Even at 933 the difference is remarkable. It is not until you reach the raged edge of your CPU's ability that things start to slow down, and that would be caused by errors. Mine starts doing that around 1029MHz! But since my processor overheats minutes later at 1029MHz, I have no reason to run it that fast!

Suicide is painless...........

LordKaos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
I would , but remember that you have a modem connection!
You can´t play Multiplayer NFS with a slow connection like that!

Even on network it lags a little!

Better burn in Hell with some company than freeze in Heaven all alone

tfbww

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2001
Switch to threaded and see who he was writing to or, if you insist on staying in flat mode, look at the little "[re: xxx]"

In other words, he wasn't talking to you.