[SOLVED] Best 4 slot motherboard for a 1600 ddr3

DDRAIN

Honorable
Jul 7, 2014
Hi,

I have had my ASROCK H61M-DGS motherboard for about four years now and I was hoping to upgrade the black Friday, but there are a fews things I'm not clear on. I am aware that motherboards that support ddr4 can't support ddr3. I would like to know what the best 4 slot motherboard that supports a 1600 ddr3 RAM.

Also do you think it worth sticking with ddr3's or would it be better to just go for a ddr4 motherboard and get new RAMs as well?

Thanks.

DDRAIN

Honorable
Jul 7, 2014
What CPU are you using?

Why do you feel the need to change the motherboard? Generally, there is little or no performance difference between models at the same level and chipset.

Hi,

I was looking to switch cause the current motherboard only has to cram slots and I current have 4 (2x4 and 2x8). Didn't want the 4gbs vrams to go to waste.

My specs are:

CPU: i7-3770 3.4GHz,
GPU: gtx 1070 Ti
16 gbs ram and the motherboard I listed above.

No ssd, but looking to get one as well as an additional hhd.

USAFRet

Titan
Hi,

I was looking to switch cause the current motherboard only has to cram slots and I current have 4 (2x4 and 2x8). Didn't want the 4gbs vrams to go to waste.

My specs are:

CPU: i7-3770 3.4GHz,
GPU: gtx 1070 Ti
16 gbs ram and the motherboard I listed above.

No ssd, but looking to get one as well as an additional hhd.
Even with a 4 slot motherboard, mixing RAM is a crapshoot.
The 2x 8 and 2x 4 might not work together.

Additionally, 24GB vs the current 16GB...are you actually bumping up against that 16GB limit? Having extra RAM does no good if your uses don't need it.

Reactions: DDRAIN

DDRAIN

Honorable
Jul 7, 2014
Even with a 4 slot motherboard, mixing RAM is a crapshoot.
The 2x 8 and 2x 4 might not work together.

Additionally, 24GB vs the current 16GB...are you actually bumping up against that 16GB limit? Having extra RAM does no good if your uses don't need it.

What would be my best option with my current setup then? Upgrading the CPU or just adding ssds?