Question Best airflow for my case

Jun 29, 2022
What would be the best airflow setup for my CPU with DeepCool Matrexx 55 PC Case?
I can only put 4 system fans in the case because my MSI B450 Gaming Plus motherboard only has 4 system fan connectors.

Do you have the case fans now?

One way or another, you will have to try various combinations to get it right....depending on how important temps are to you. The more worried you are, the more fiddling required.

A 4th, 5th, or 6th fan may not help.

Generally, in from the front, out from back. If you have 2 fan mounts on the front side, probably use both of them as intakes. The second one may not help much.....experiment will tell you.

Case fan setup could be complicated if you have liquid cooling. I'd try exhaust first if I had fan mounts at the top of the case, but they may not have much effect.

The case comes with three front 120mm rgb intakes.
That is good.
I might add a single 120mm rear exit fan.
What cpu and gpu do you need to cool?
The case is a decent one for air cooling.
Do not worry much about motherboard fan headers.
You can normally use a splitter to manage two fans from each.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
What would be the best airflow setup for my CPU with DeepCool Matrexx 55 PC Case?
-Depends on what the hardware is.
-Which of the 2(cpu/gpu) you want to prioritize cooling for - can't win 'em both; optimizing cooling for one usually comes at the cost of a little worse for the other, with some exceptions.

I can only put 4 system fans in the case because my MSI B450 Gaming Plus motherboard only has 4 system fan connectors.
Easily remedied with splitter cables, if it becomes necessary.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Phhtb. The H1 isn't that great. It's neat, but thermals are not so great. The aio leaves a lot to be desired.
The NR200 is a very good case, it should be, it's a slightly larger copy-cat of the Lian-Li/nCase M1. Whoever wrote that article is clueless about mITX cases. NCase, Sliger, Dan, Loque, most of those designs put the H1 to shame.