Best am4 CPU for sli gtx 760

f8iscumming

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
What would be a good CPU for both of my cards and my am4 motherboard. I want a cpu that will perform well and good for the price. I would like it as cheap as possible without bottle necking it. And make sure it is a am4 Chipset. I will be playing 1080p overwatch fortnite and csgi at Max settings.

Solution
Get a Ryzen 5 1600. It's cheap on amazon and its the best value AM4 CPU imo at the moment.
If I were you, I would sell both of the 760s because of less SLI driver support. And with that money ~$200, you could find yourself a deal on a GTX 1060 3GB or a deal on a Radeon RX 570 4GB. It will take more time but in the long run, it would be worth it.
EDIT: Can you tell me how much VRAM each of those cards have? If they have 2GB of VRAM, you would sell both of them for around $150. And if they have 4GB of VRAM, you would sell both for around $200.
EDIT: Or you could save more money and wait for the GTX 1160 to come which imo is the best option unless you want to play right now.

WildCard999

Titan

There's just much less SLI driver support nowadays then there was years ago. Even when I had my SLI setup back in 2014 the driver support wasn't very good and if a game had support but did a major update it sometimes broke the support so you'd run into issues such as texture flickering or no increase in performance over a single GPU. There's even some cases where SLI actually performed worse then a single card.

cyan1de_

Proper
Jul 24, 2018
Get a Ryzen 5 1600. It's cheap on amazon and its the best value AM4 CPU imo at the moment.
If I were you, I would sell both of the 760s because of less SLI driver support. And with that money ~$200, you could find yourself a deal on a GTX 1060 3GB or a deal on a Radeon RX 570 4GB. It will take more time but in the long run, it would be worth it.
EDIT: Can you tell me how much VRAM each of those cards have? If they have 2GB of VRAM, you would sell both of them for around $150. And if they have 4GB of VRAM, you would sell both for around $200.
EDIT: Or you could save more money and wait for the GTX 1160 to come which imo is the best option unless you want to play right now.

Solution