Question BEST Antivirus Software ??

Hello folks,

This might sound like a silly/dumb question, but can anyone guide me as to which AntiVirus Software would be easy to use and install on any Windows OS, and which also doesn't cause conflict while playing GAMES as well ? This is important, because I use game TRAINERS (read below).

Anyways, which is the BEST AV package currently in the market ? Any personal suggestions ? I ALSO want it to give me protection against all sorts of adware/spyware, BHOs, Trojans, worms, and any other form of Malware, should they infect my PC via any means, including any "Bitcoin Mining" virus.

I'm NOT saying that I'm prone to such attacks, but I just want to know a good AV, and I don't mind paying a premium for it, like a yearly subscription, if need be. The AV should also be light on the PC.

I find AVG a bit finicky, and it always picks up a "False Positive", whenever I play offline Games by using Cheat Engine/Hex cheat/Trainers* etc., even though such files are 100% clean. Adding exceptions to these files in AVG helps, but I need some other good AV package. Any thoughts on these ?

1. Bitdefender.

2. ESET NOD32.

3. Panda Antivirus.

PS: To those of you, who aren't aware as to what "Game Trainers" are, I will just brief you. *A trainer is a program written to intercept and alter the memory addresses of games that are running in the background.

Usually trainers contain such features as GOD MODE, UNLIMITED LIVES and others that sometimes aren't pre-programmed into the game by its designers. The most important thing to remember about trainers is that they usually have to be running in memory the entire time the game is loaded. Closing out the trainer will usually cause the cheats to become disabled (until the trainer is loaded again). Since trainers address specific memory locations, they are usually written to only support a specific version of a game.

But anyways, even if I don't use any Game trainer, I need some advise on any good AV package.
Thanks for reading,

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
For exclusively gaming. Windows Defender is more than enough. Games are not a common infection vector.

If you are doing other things with your computer such as going to untrusted/unknown websites all the time, I like BitDefender.

I used to recommend Kaspersky, but I trust them a little less at the moment. Only due to the source. They might be the most technically capable, but that could be because their developers have had a hand in a lot of the malware out there...at least in their youth.

And you always want to run an additional anti-malware program from time to time. Anti-MalwareBytes is always a good first step in cleaning up an infected system as well.

I know Avast and AVG are pretty popular. Haven't really used AVG since XP days, mostly for my father who was very prone to getting malware (particularly Windows Anti-virus 20xx) He has a habit of looking up white papers and spec sheets for electrical components and chips, and there are so many nefarious websites out there that rehost them riddled with malware, spyware, and adware.

I recall Avast being popular with gamers when Vista and 7 were prevalent.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
For exclusively gaming. Windows Defender is more than enough. Games are not a common infection vector.

Hello Eximo,

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated. Yeah, I know games are not the infection vector, but I was mostly worried about the TRAINERS which I use occasionally. Btw, is Windows Defender really that good ? I thought that was just a basic Windows built-in protection, LOL, and I even heard that it can intrusive sometimes ? I could be wrong though.

And you always want to run an additional anti-malware program from time to time. Anti-MalwareBytes is always a good first step in cleaning up an infected system as well.

YUP, already having this on my PC. This is as good anti-malware tool, and I really like their detection process as well. It has detected many threats on my PC, which traditional AV programs were unable to do so.

If you are doing other things with your computer such as going to untrusted/unknown websites all the time, I like BitDefender.

Nah, I don't visit fishy websites, but I think BitDefender might be a good option. I will give this a try now. Thanks !

He has a habit of looking up white papers and spec sheets for electrical components and chips, and there are so many nefarious websites out there that rehost them riddled with malware, spyware, and adware.

That's strange, Nefarious websites hosting info on even electrical components and chips ? The WEB isn't a very safe place anymore these days though.