Best background color for optical mouse?

Right now I'm using purple as the mouse pad color for my optical mouse
but sometimes [always during paint shop for some reason :-D] it jumps
around. What seems to be the best color for optical mouses as far as
mouse pads are concerned? I tried just using the desktop brown grainy
surface but that was worse.

thanks.

******************************
http://www.dubyareport.net/
http://www.frozenpsi.net/
******************************

dnc_tn@yahoo.com wrote:
> Right now I'm using purple as the mouse pad color for my optical mouse
> but sometimes [always during paint shop for some reason :-D] it jumps
> around. What seems to be the best color for optical mouses as far as
> mouse pads are concerned? I tried just using the desktop brown grainy
> surface but that was worse.
>
> thanks.
>
> ******************************
> http://www.dubyareport.net/
> http://www.frozenpsi.net/
> ******************************
Maybe you need more memory.

Jd

dnc_tn@yahoo.com wrote:
> Right now I'm using purple as the mouse pad color for my optical mouse
> but sometimes [always during paint shop for some reason :-D] it jumps
> around. What seems to be the best color for optical mouses as far as
> mouse pads are concerned? I tried just using the desktop brown grainy
> surface but that was worse.
>
> thanks.
>
> ******************************
> http://www.dubyareport.net/
> http://www.frozenpsi.net/
> ******************************

you can get mouse mats made for optical mouses (im using one now) ...
just look in your local computer shop .. mines is metal with a mix of
white grey and black for light reflection .. but an optical mouse should
work on any surface .. there are your red led types (most are) or the
laser type (usualy gaming mouses).

Clyde

dnc_tn@yahoo.com wrote:
> Right now I'm using purple as the mouse pad color for my optical mouse
> but sometimes [always during paint shop for some reason :-D] it jumps
> around. What seems to be the best color for optical mouses as far as
> mouse pads are concerned? I tried just using the desktop brown grainy
> surface but that was worse.
>
> thanks.
>
> ******************************
> http://www.dubyareport.net/
> http://www.frozenpsi.net/
> ******************************

My experience tells me that the surface reflectivity is way more
important than the color. I haven't seen that the color makes any
difference at all.

The shiny surface on my desk's wood top was a problem. Some of those
mouse pads with textured plastic surfaces are even worse. Cloth covered
mouse pads were better, but not that good either. Everything was jumpy
and not very smooth.

I finally have the perfect mouse pad for my Logitech MX700 mouse --
Leather. I heard someone else saying that was good. I found a guy who
uses eBay as his online store. He sells leather mouse pads in several
colors. They aren't that cheap, but I'm very glad I got mine. The level
of smoothness and reflectivity is perfect.

Clyde

Jd

Clyde wrote:
> dnc_tn@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> Right now I'm using purple as the mouse pad color for my optical mouse
>> but sometimes [always during paint shop for some reason :-D] it jumps
>> around. What seems to be the best color for optical mouses as far as
>> mouse pads are concerned? I tried just using the desktop brown grainy
>> surface but that was worse.
>>
>> thanks.
>>
>> ******************************
>> http://www.dubyareport.net/
>> http://www.frozenpsi.net/
>> ******************************
>

> My experience tells me that the surface reflectivity is way more
> important than the color. I haven't seen that the color makes any
> difference at all.
>
> The shiny surface on my desk's wood top was a problem. Some of those
> mouse pads with textured plastic surfaces are even worse. Cloth covered
> mouse pads were better, but not that good either. Everything was jumpy
> and not very smooth.
>
> I finally have the perfect mouse pad for my Logitech MX700 mouse --
> Leather. I heard someone else saying that was good. I found a guy who
> uses eBay as his online store. He sells leather mouse pads in several
> colors. They aren't that cheap, but I'm very glad I got mine. The level
> of smoothness and reflectivity is perfect.
>
> Clyde

you could always try a mouse rug (I'm serious .. there miniature Persian
rug type things look smart tho ;)

> you could always try a mouse rug (I'm serious .. there miniature Persian
> rug type things look smart tho ;)

Those are nice, but I found that when my hand moves against it, it's
very uncomfortable.

According to Logitech, lighter colors are better than dark *only* for
wireless mice because apparently it takes more flashes or something to
track on a dark surface.

I go through a lot of mice, because I'm always interested in new
argonomic designs. I've also tried out a few pads. My current
situation is a PC with a Logitech wireless mouse (MX700) on a black
RatPadz - it's a hard plastic surface with minimal texture. I also use
a Microsoft wireless notebook mouse with my Mac, just right on the desk.
The notebook mouse doesn't track as well as the Logitech, even if I
switch their surfaces, and my hand doesn't fit on it well, so it will be
gone soon :)

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 23:51:16 +0000, JD <JD@No.Reply.sorry.com> wrote:

>dnc_tn@yahoo.com wrote:
>> Right now I'm using purple as the mouse pad color for my optical mouse
>> but sometimes [always during paint shop for some reason :-D] it jumps
>> around. What seems to be the best color for optical mouses as far as
>> mouse pads are concerned? I tried just using the desktop brown grainy
>> surface but that was worse.
>>
>> thanks.
>>
>> ******************************
>> http://www.dubyareport.net/
>> http://www.frozenpsi.net/
>> ******************************
>
>you can get mouse mats made for optical mouses (im using one now) ...
>just look in your local computer shop .. mines is metal with a mix of
>white grey and black for light reflection .. but an optical mouse should
>work on any surface .. there are your red led types (most are) or the
>laser type (usualy gaming mouses).

My mouse 'logitech' is real picky for some reason though. Once it's
put on something besides that purple pad it does some weird things
like not move or jump across the screen etc. But I'll look for what
you said and thanks.

******************************
http://www.dubyareport.net/
http://www.frozenpsi.net/
******************************

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 09:21:23 -0600, Clyde <clyde@world.comedy> wrote:

>I finally have the perfect mouse pad for my Logitech MX700 mouse --
>Leather. I heard someone else saying that was good. I found a guy who
>uses eBay as his online store. He sells leather mouse pads in several
>colors. They aren't that cheap, but I'm very glad I got mine. The level
>of smoothness and reflectivity is perfect.

Do you mean black or brown leather?
I'm confused.

******************************
http://www.dubyareport.net/
http://www.frozenpsi.net/
******************************

Clyde

dnc_tn@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 09:21:23 -0600, Clyde <clyde@world.comedy> wrote:
>

>>I finally have the perfect mouse pad for my Logitech MX700 mouse --
>>Leather. I heard someone else saying that was good. I found a guy who
>>uses eBay as his online store. He sells leather mouse pads in several
>>colors. They aren't that cheap, but I'm very glad I got mine. The level
>>of smoothness and reflectivity is perfect.
>

> Do you mean black or brown leather?
> I'm confused.
>
> ******************************
> http://www.dubyareport.net/
> http://www.frozenpsi.net/
> ******************************

Here is exactly what I bought:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62052&item=3879895720&rd=1
He does have them in black, blue, green, gray, and a bunch of shades of
brown. The service is pretty good too.

I'm not connected, but do recommend these leather pads.

Clyde

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 09:21:23 -0600, Clyde <clyde@world.comedy> wrote:

>I finally have the perfect mouse pad for my Logitech MX700 mouse --
>Leather. I heard someone else saying that was good. I found a guy who

Hmmmm...I think I tried everything BUT leather! I'll have to give it a try.

After trying a long list of materials, I finally settled on a square of
Formica(c) counter top material. It's solid gray, and has a slight texture
with fairly low reflectivity. Slick as can be, never misreads. It's going to
be very hard to beat. The friction-free surface alone makes me grin every
time I use it.

-- Bob

Dee

Bob Adkins wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 09:21:23 -0600, Clyde <clyde@world.comedy> wrote:
>

>>I finally have the perfect mouse pad for my Logitech MX700 mouse --
>>Leather. I heard someone else saying that was good. I found a guy who
>

> Hmmmm...I think I tried everything BUT leather! I'll have to give it a try.
>
> After trying a long list of materials, I finally settled on a square of
> Formica(c) counter top material. It's solid gray, and has a slight texture
> with fairly low reflectivity. Slick as can be, never misreads. It's going to
> be very hard to beat. The friction-free surface alone makes me grin every
> time I use it.
>
> -- Bob

After seeing the reference to a leather mouse pad, I bought two. Gave
one to my wife and she absolutely loves it. I really like mine, too.
We both have an optical mouse. The mouse seems to glide more smoothly
on the leather and there is no problem with the mouse pointer moving
smoothly on the screen.

Thanks, Clyde!!!!

Clyde

Dee wrote:
> Bob Adkins wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 09:21:23 -0600, Clyde <clyde@world.comedy> wrote:
>>

>>> I finally have the perfect mouse pad for my Logitech MX700 mouse --
>>> Leather. I heard someone else saying that was good. I found a guy who
>>

>> Hmmmm...I think I tried everything BUT leather! I'll have to give it a
>> try.
>>
>> After trying a long list of materials, I finally settled on a square of
>> Formica(c) counter top material. It's solid gray, and has a slight
>> texture
>> with fairly low reflectivity. Slick as can be, never misreads. It's
>> going to
>> be very hard to beat. The friction-free surface alone makes me grin every
>> time I use it.
>>
>> -- Bob
>

> After seeing the reference to a leather mouse pad, I bought two. Gave
> one to my wife and she absolutely loves it. I really like mine, too. We
> both have an optical mouse. The mouse seems to glide more smoothly on
> the leather and there is no problem with the mouse pointer moving
> smoothly on the screen.
>
> Thanks, Clyde!!!!

It's a pleasure to help. Hey, I'm just surprised that it's not more well
known.

Clyde