Best backup software acronis or macrium reflect

ptr1959w

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Hi there,
What backup software is the best between acronis true image and macrium reflect? Any help is greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

2ninup

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2014
Have been using Acronis and do not recommend it. In fact I just posted asking for a referral to something. My Last three recoveries failed. Even their tech support logged into my computer couldn't help or give me an answer why my backups always appear corrupted and won't recover. Find something else.

You might be interested in the Casper disk-cloning program which I've been using for more than 10 years now. I've never found a d-c program its equal in ease-of-use, general effectiveness, and most of all - speed. However, it is a commercial program costing $49.99 and most potential users will balk on purchasing a program that they can obtain freely, e.g., Easeus, Macrium Reflect, etc., since it seems most users are solely interested in a "one-shot" d-c operation, i.e., cloning the contents of their old HDD to a new SSD for example. Unfortunately they fail to see the desirability of routinely utilizing a d-c program to maintain comprehensive backups of their systems - an area where Casper shines because of its inherent speed of operation.

There is a 30-day trial version available at https://www.fssdev.com/products/casper/trial/.
The trial version is slightly crippled re the commercial version's volume resizing feature but it should give you a good idea of the program's capabilities.

I can provide some more detailed info about the program should you be interested.

USAFRet

Titan
I use Macrium as the daily scheduled C drive image backup.
Every night at 2 AM
Every Sunday at 3AM, to another PC.
C drive of 125GB used space takes about 14-15 minutes to complete, and results in a file size of ~94GB.

The only fiddly thing with the Free version is the default settings.
Default is set to a Full, and then Differentials, keep for some weeks.
If you want to schedule something different, you first have to modify the Default settings, and then set up a schedule.

I have mine set to do a Full every night.