Question Best Bios version for ROG Strix X470-f Gaming MB with a 2700x

Rgmiket

Commendable
Jun 4, 2019
I am still running the very old version 4602.
I am watching and waiting for 5800x to drop a bit, but would like to be ready to drop it in when I finally buy it.
I have my machine running just great(With the help of a few awesome folks back in 2019 right here on this forum) but wondering what version I can safely move to and not introduce bugs or lesser performance for the old CPU I have running.(maybe even seeing better performance would be a bonus)

Looking for suggestions.

Thank you,
Mike

What chipset are you on? You may see better overall performance updating that first. There are seven updates there. Since ther are so many bios updates do not jump from 4602 and go to the top. Do it in small increments. If you are happy with your performance now I would let the bios be until you buy the 5800x and then revisit advice on what bios to go to then.

Rgmiket

Commendable
Jun 4, 2019
What chipset are you on? You may see better overall performance updating that first. There are seven updates there. Since ther are so many bios updates do not jump from 4602 and go to the top. Do it in small increments. If you are happy with your performance now I would let the bios be until you buy the 5800x and then revisit advice on what bios to go to then.
Updated to the latest Chipset Version 2.11.26.106 on the weekend.

I agree hence why I didn't upgrade previously...but upgrading the bios (which has to be done to at least support 5000 series) and putting new CPU at same time...because I won't wait once I have the CPU in hand...thought I would be able to see performance increase simply with new CPU rather than both Bios and CPU at same time...Also updating one running for a month or two before new CPU will give me a baseline performance and time to work out any bugs...