Best browser for Windows 10 and antivirus?

NOT_PROVIDED_16

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2015
Just got a new Ultrabook and I was wondering what's the best browser for windows 10, its a low end machine but I will use it daily, watching YouTube videos, and getting different work done.

Also do I need to install antivirus software? I'm not going to buy one so it will need to be free. or could I just use the antivirus built in to windows 10?

Solution
Google Chorme as browser. Windows Defender as Anti-Virus.

Edge is not bad since it comes with Windows 10 but it doesn't support extensions.

Any sort of real antivirus would slow your PC down so it's better to use Windows Defender. This is only good performance wise. If you want to be truly secure you will have to use an Anti-Virus like Avast.

Dex does Computers

Reputable
Jul 23, 2015
Edge is good for weak laptop but edge does not features extension so i stuck with chrome. For Antivirus win defender is good for day to day Internet activities. But when wotking with corporate data then i suggest to get a Antivirus software.

Edo4Life

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016
Google Chorme as browser. Windows Defender as Anti-Virus.

Edge is not bad since it comes with Windows 10 but it doesn't support extensions.

Any sort of real antivirus would slow your PC down so it's better to use Windows Defender. This is only good performance wise. If you want to be truly secure you will have to use an Anti-Virus like Avast.

Solution

NOT_PROVIDED_16

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2015

I tried Bitdefender and it's the WORST antivirus I have ever used, it made my computer so slow. I will never use Bitdefender again.

Edo4Life

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016

I would suggest Avast then.

NOT_PROVIDED_16

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2015

Thanks but I'm just going to try using windows defender by its self.

Edo4Life

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016

No problem man!

Colif

Win 11 Master
maybe my pc too fast for me to notice any slow down. Its full scan is slow the first time as its learning what it has to scan, but after that its fast. I did first last week, took 40 minutes, the second one was half that time.

its quick scan takes 7 seconds to complete...

I used to use Avast but they always asking you to buy new add ons, even the paid internet security suite.. Bitdefender doesn't ask for anything.

TRENDING THREADS