Best Budget Mechanical Keyboards

teknobug

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
I use the Logitech K840 on my sim rig, very reliable and feels like it doesn't need a lot of force to push keys down. I use a K70 on main PC and I have to type a little harder.

PS- look into Azio mechanical keyboard, maybe they don't make them anymore but it's pretty good too but uses Kahil switches.

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
I'm curious why Logitech's G413 Carbon keyboard wasn't reviewed. I have two of these, and its Romer-G tactile switches are the best for typing I've used.

D3FiANC3

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2012
I recently picked up a Redragon K556 (brown) for $40 and feel like it deserves a spot on the list. The slightly higher keys took a couple days to get used to, but aside from that I'm pretty happy with it. Durability is unknown since I've only had it for a few weeks, but it's $40 so if I get a few years out of it I'll be ok with that.

Tom Sunday

Reputable
Jul 24, 2020
I recently picked up a Redragon K556
Whenever I see reviews and or ads about keyboards I am amazed at the prices. And the marketing and sweet talk that is being proffered in purchasing such a basic piece of tech. I have never paid attention to clicky switches, loud clicks, stiffer shift keys, RGB and so much more. My own use has generally always been a basic full size ‘wired keyboard’ with no frills. Something I would replace every 4-5 years and then mostly on a whim to simply getting something new to look at in my command center. At the computer show last week and where I buy all of my no sales tax necessary hardware, I picked-up a new in the box ‘Luzarriba’ keyboard for $12 and which sported extra large print keys so I can press the right button every time. Red Dragon in turn has also been very good to me and I came close at the show to pulling my trigger on a K512 Shiva for a cool $20. But the difference would mean 1 ½ more gallons in my gas tank or 2-packs of Mountain Dew for the long nights of gaming, then splurging on a Pizza and reveling of who would even consider in buying a Corsair K100 for $246.

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
Red Dragon makes surprisingly good budget keyboards. Owned a red and blue. Now compared to my x15 more expensive keyboard it doesn't feel nearly as nice but if you want a mech at a budget you can't go wrong with them.

I do recall getting better switches to swap in but can't remember.