best budget water cooler for amd fx8350

r3drocksr3d

Commendable
Aug 14, 2018
is this a good choice of water cooler, Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 CPU Liquid Cooler. the stock fan cooler is running too high over the recommended 61c limit. Would this be good on a asus m5a78l usb 3 motherboard? i am trying to save space over something like an evo fan cooler, would this be the same in performance do you think?

thanks in advance for any help and advice)

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

I would not use any liquid cooling with this platform. You're already running a 125W CPU on a motherboard that can't really handle it that well. Your VRMs are likely even hotter given your CPU choice and a liquid cooler doesn't help that. And even if it did, budget liquid cooling is a no-no on a system that's already having heat problems.

You'll do far better with something that is a top-down cooler, like https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA68V32N4373. The big problem, of course, is investing that much in a 2012 platform that already has an inadequate motherboard for the CPU being used. I think it's far more practical to underclock the CPU to the level of an 8320E.