Best bulk Cat6 cable (and accompanying RJ-45 connectors/covers) for small outdoor runs to use on CCTV system?

G

I am looking to run about eight Cat6 cables to hook up to my 2K/4K IP CCTV system. Each cable will run no more than 60-90 feet per camera from the NVR, which majority of dome cameras themselves will be placed externally. However, only about 5-10 feet (or slightly more depending on camera location) of cable will be exposed to the outside, coming out of from my attic and tapered along the edge of the house wall. This is where I wanted a wire that would be protected from outside elements.

Thus, I am looking for a bulk cable that provides ample protection against UV sunlight, freezing temperatures (it can get pretty cold here with ice & snow), is waterproof (tons of rain here), and is overall rated for exterior use. I wasn't planning on using a conduit if I don't have to -- so I was thinking UTP cable (as opposed to STP) would do. Only 1 camera's cable will be close to a small power line that runs off on my house, but I am not too worried about interference there (or should I?). Other cameras are placed close to electrical light sources for best viewing.

I looked at direct burial cables but since I am not planning on burying any wires nor running them through any conduits, I wasn’t so sure if this is the way to go.

Anyone have any ideas on what bulk cable to buy (brand/type)?

In addition, because of the way the cameras are designed themselves (consumer grade Lorex, heh), about 1-2” of electrical wire from the camera themselves will have to be exposed and connected to the existing Cat6 cable. So if there’s any recommendations on any exterior or waterproof-type accompanying RJ-45 connectors or covers that would add further protection and minimize possibility of connector damage, I’ll buy them as well.

Solution
Belden is one of the better brands of cable but there are a number of others. Key is to avoid the fake stuff that is CCA copper clad aluminum.

Almost all the cable you will find is designed for direct bury since it is mostly the soil that causes all the problems. For runs that are not actually submerged in water normal ethernet cable is likely waterprrof enough. If you wanted uv protection some house paint tends to provide better than even the best cable outdoor UV cable. Pretty much you are only going to find direct bury cable if you want actual outdoor cable.

The ends tend to not be a issue because the jack they are plugged into generally has some kind of method to seal the jack. Generally the ones I have seen on security...
Belden is one of the better brands of cable but there are a number of others. Key is to avoid the fake stuff that is CCA copper clad aluminum.

Almost all the cable you will find is designed for direct bury since it is mostly the soil that causes all the problems. For runs that are not actually submerged in water normal ethernet cable is likely waterprrof enough. If you wanted uv protection some house paint tends to provide better than even the best cable outdoor UV cable. Pretty much you are only going to find direct bury cable if you want actual outdoor cable.

The ends tend to not be a issue because the jack they are plugged into generally has some kind of method to seal the jack. Generally the ones I have seen on security cameras have a special plastic enclosure you slide over the cable and it seals it with a rubber washer.

You can buy cat5e cable. I suspect your cameras only have 100m ports anyway. Cat5e is rated to 1gbit. Cat6 cable does not run any faster and you would use cat6a if you wanted 10gbit. Interference is mostly a non issue, it is extremely rare so any form of shielded cable is a waste of money

Solution
G

Do you know if Belden makes a Cat6 outdoor rated cable? Or should I just go with any UTP direct burial cable despite not being grounded nor using a conduit?

Belden make just about any kind of cable you can think of but they are kinda expensive. The brand should not matter a lot, just do not buy it off ebay or amazon. Your local home improvement store likely sells a quality cable. There is a lot of fake cable being sold. It is almost impossible to find pure copper cable on amazon there is so much of that crap CCA cable. In a way it is bad that CCA cable even partially works because people buy it because it cheap and then find that the ends do not contact correctly,it has issues at longer distances and PoE does not work well on it. It is really bad that amazon lets people say it is EIA/TIA certified when the standard clearly say it MUST be pure copper.

Direct bury cable is designed to tolerate the corrosive action of soil on plastic and can be placed directly in water. Conduit is to protect the cable from something like a shovel. If you would buy shield cable it must be grounded on both ends to a separate ground...ie not the electrical ground. If you do not ground it properly it actually can cause interference. There is no reason to spend the extra money for shielded cable and the huge install expense unless you know for sure you have a problem with interference.