Best Buy Announces Windows 8 Launch Offers, Exclusives

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_one

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
I had win 8 installed and didn't like it on a traditional desktop, however on something like the Samsung ativ devices it may be pretty cool. You have the best of both worlds. I don't think RT stands a chance tho.

Logitech is making some cool gadgets to help as well with the transition.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
[citation][nom]webbwbb[/nom]I have had quite the opposite experience. I and everyone I know who has used the preview has hated it. You are in fact the first person I have heard of who actually liked it.[/citation]

Will I be the second person you have heard who likes it?

spookyman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
Average Windows OS lifespan is 3 years. Win 7 will still be avail for a a couple of years do to corporate clients. Most corporations have been switching to Windows 7 now. So I give 5 years till they replace it with a different OS.

Windows 8 will sell well despite the critics think. I used it and it is a nice OS. Its main geared towards the non Desktop PC platforms and that is the future of PC's. The Desktop PC will disappear to the thin client PC. Its just a matter of time.

As for now Windows 7 will be around for a couple of years more since the corporate market is finally switching to it. XP lasted 10 years till it finally died off.

Either way Microsoft will make a bundle with Windows 8.

G

Best Buy is not honoring the statement "working laptop" in their Windows 8 promotion to sell UltraBooks - I brought in an old Dell working laptop, and could not get the $100 because "the laptop was not on the list" - but the ads simply said working laptop.

Even though BB gave me $50 off of the laptop, they pissed me off so badly in the process I will have no loyalty to the store - and will instead use the no hassle Amazon way - because at least you pay what they list as the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.