News Best Buy Restocks 17,000 Nvidia RTX 30 Series GPUs Tomorrow, August 26

Agustus69

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
There are 956 Best Buy stores in the US. If these 17k cards are distributed evenly, that comes up to 18 cards per store. 😕

Better than nothing, though....

Aug 25, 2021
There are 956 Best Buy stores in the US. If these 17k cards are distributed evenly, that comes up to 18 cards per store. 😕

Not even close to every location gets stock. Not wise to divvy up the math that way. Its more around 15-40 per SKU per store.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019

Seriously? The article has a giant image right in the middle with the entire distribution sheet of what stores got what cards. Not every store gets cards. It looks like about 150 cards per store.

Reactions: Memnarchon

RareAir23

Commendable
Jun 10, 2020
Well. it's encouraging that this is an in-store restock. It means that if the bot-wielding scalpers want any part of this restock well...their bots won't be much help (unless they allow orders online for "In-Store Pickup" to these stores carrying cards...perish the thought hoping Best Buy leaves that buy option out of the situation). With that being said, if it's an in-store restock with no online buy for in-store pickup that means the scalpers' bots won't be any use to them. They'll actually have to get out of their place of residence (house, condo, apartment), travel to 1 of these stores and get in line. If this were an online only affair though and not an in-store restock as this looks like? Those 17,000 cards would be gone in...I'd say 33 seconds or less. Out!

Reactions: bigdragon
Well. it's encouraging that this is an in-store restock. It means that if the bot-wielding scalpers want any part of this restock well...their bots won't be much help (unless they allow orders online for "In-Store Pickup" to these stores carrying cards...perish the thought hoping Best Buy leaves that buy option out of the situation). With that being said, if it's an in-store restock with no online buy for in-store pickup that means the scalpers' bots won't be any use to them. They'll actually have to get out of their place of residence (house, condo, apartment), travel to 1 of these stores and get in line. If this were an online only affair though and not an in-store restock as this looks like? Those 17,000 cards would be gone in...I'd say 33 seconds or less. Out!
I may actually try running to a local Best Buy. Loveland isn't listed, or Greeley, but Fort Collins shows up so...?

Check Microcenters if you have them by you. Mine restocked some 3060, 3060ti, and 6600xt cards as well. Although of those, the cheapest is $539.99 for a 3060 which is sad. The 6600xt they have is $579.99, which is really outrageous. I paid 439.99 for mine around launch, which was still above msrp, but going towards 600, they are almost selling for ebay prices.

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Seriously Best Buy, show us on the doll where Kansas City hurt you!?! St Louis gets an in the metro location with stock, but KC nothing within 2 hours north, south, east, or west. Wichita, KS, Lincoln, NE, St Charles, MO(St Louis), and Springfield, MO all have repeatedly gotten stock.

Reactions: JarredWaltonGPU

waltc3

Honorable
Aug 4, 2019
Better hope this "report" is accurate, because if not there are going to be a lot of peeved people...;) We shall see for whom it makes a difference...

Aug 26, 2021
I spoke with a Best Buy customer service rep. He said Nvidia made the decision which stores would sell cards, not Best Buy. I'm not sure if he knows anything, because he also said a few things that didn't make any sense. I suggested Best Buy sell to loyal customers, first, but he said Best Buy cannot do that. I guess loyalty is not a thing, anymore. Another good reason not to renew Geek Squad Total Tech Support.