[SOLVED] Best Case and MOBO for NOCTUA NH-D15/Chromax (X570)

Froilan48

Honorable
Mar 3, 2016
Hello,

I think the title says it all but I need some help about choosing a case for my new build. I want to purchase Noctua NH-D15 or Noctua NH-D15 Chromax because it's the only best air cooling available at the moment. However, when I checked reviews online, I see that there's a lot of problem with RAM compatibility, case clearance, etc.

So I'm building a Ryzen 3900X with X570 MOBO but when I checked about the MOBO I want to order (Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus WIFI) it might have a problem with clearance as seen on this picture. Can you please suggest me the best case and compatible MOBO with all the clearance needed for the NH-D15/Chromax CPU Cooler. Also, I'm not into high end MOBOs so around the range of the Asus TUF Gaming X570 would be fine.

Thanks guys!

Solution
If you check Noctua homepage it will list cases and MB that fits. Just dont pick ram that are high and rgb ram is useless if you pick the DH 15 with two 140mm fans couse it will most likely cover them

KawaTom

Reputable
Jan 17, 2020
If you check Noctua homepage it will list cases and MB that fits. Just dont pick ram that are high and rgb ram is useless if you pick the DH 15 with two 140mm fans couse it will most likely cover them

Solution

Froilan48

Honorable
Mar 3, 2016

I forgot to add, I'm planning to buy GSkill Trident Z Neo 32GB Dual DDR4. If it's not compatible, can you recommend something that has clearance and the same performance. Thanks!

Froilan48

Honorable
Mar 3, 2016
If you look at the spesifications on the ram you want you will find the hight of them. Mine are 1.28 inch/ 32. 5mm in hight and they clear the DH 15 but the fan is not 100% centered

Thanks for the reply. I'm going with Corsair Vengeance LPX as my RAM since RGB doesn't matter anymore. All I need is a MOBO that would clear everything even with low height RAM. I was wondering if the MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI would fit well.