Question Best Case to Buy? (Tecware M3 vs Tecware Nexus M)

Rhaemond

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
Hey guys I'm very new to the gaming build scene but I'm planning to overclock a ryzen 2200g and I also have a Sapphire Rx570 OC edition.
What would be the best case overall?

Should I get the
Tecware M3
Or the
Tecware Nexus M
?

Notes:
-these are my best options right now, because they fit in my budget range and are also the only ones available in the shop (shipping fees are expensive here)
-The Tecware M3 is 4$ more than the Nexus M and it has an Rgb strip in the front
-Tecware Nexus M can support 6 fans while the M3 can only support 5

Additional questions:
-How many fans do I really need in order to keep my system cool?
-Which is the best case for airflow?

Many thanks friends!

Lutfij

Titan
First things, first, where is here? If you're going for an matx build, then the ideal candidate is the M3. I personally love that case, since it reminds me a lot about the N200 and has some nice bits with the TG panel and ample airflow room.

The M3 comes with 3 fans preinstalled, you're good to go out of the box.

Reactions: Rhaemond

Rhaemond

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
First things, first, where is here? If you're going for an matx build, then the ideal candidate is the M3. I personally love that case, since it reminds me a lot about the N200 and has some nice bits with the TG panel and ample airflow room.

The M3 comes with 3 fans preinstalled, you're good to go out of the box.
A region in the Philippines not in Manila. So good parts are hard to come by and shipping would be expensive. The M3 can only support 5 fans in total whereas the Nexus M can support 6, M3 can only do 2 fans as their website says whereas the Nexus M can do 3. Still, what are your thoughts on this? If I OCd my Ryzen CPU, how many fans should I get?
Oh, and the Nexus M also has 3 fans installed. And is cheaper by 4 dollars, which isn't that much.

Last edited:

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
I personally have my Ryzen 5 2600 OC'd to 3.9 GHz (I got it up to 4.075 but decided to lower it for 24/7 use) and I have 5 case fans.
I have 2 front intake fans, 1 side panel intake fan, 1 rear exhaust and 1 top exhaust fan in a mid tower case.
I run them from 60% and up based on my motherboard/PCH temperatures and that keeps my system really cool.

So I would suggest getting as many fans as the case will hold and then set them to increase as temperatures rises based on whatever the warmest component is.
EDIT
I just looked at those cases.
I like the looks of the M3 more but I like the 3 front fan option of the Nexus.
I like a slightly positive airflow/pressure setup and it looks like the M3 would be better suited to a negative setup (2 front intakes with 3 exhaust fans at rear and top).
With the Nexus you could have 3 front intakes with 2 top exhaust and 1 rear exhaust.

As for which case to get, they look similar enough that either should be fine.
I personally prefer a mid tower case which will usually allow better airflow and are easier to work/build in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhaemond

Rhaemond

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
I personally have my Ryzen 5 OC'd to 3.9 GHz (I got it up to 4.075 but decided to lower it for 24/7 use) and I have 5 case fans.
I have 2 front intake fans, 1 side panel intake fan, 1 rear exhaust and 1 top exhaust fan in a mid tower case.
I run them from 60% and up based on my motherboard/PCH temperatures and that keeps my system pretty cool.

So I would suggest getting as many fans as the case will hold and then set them to increase as temperatures rise based on whatever the warmest component is.
EDIT
I just looked at those cases.
I like the looks of the M3 more but I like the 3 front fan option of the Nexus.
I like a slightly positive airflow/pressure setup and it looks like the M3 would be better suited to a negative setup (2 front intakes with 3 exhaust fans at rear and top).
With the Nexus you could have 3 front intakes with 2 top exhaust and 1 rear exhaust.

As for which case to get, they look similar enough that either should be fine.
I personally prefer a mid tower case which will usually allow better airflow and are easier to work/build in.
That's why I'm torn over!!! The look of the M3 or the 6 fan capability of the Nexus M?
The M3 looks cooler with the mesh on the front compared to the side holes of the Nexus M though. Which would create better airflow in the front between then two based on the look?
They both have 3 fans installed out of the box but the nexus m is also 4 dollars cheaper, which isn't much.

Reactions: DMAN999

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
If you really like the look of the M3 a lot better, I'd get it and just run the front fans at a higher speed than the exhaust fans to get slightly positive airflow/pressure.
Those case are fairly small and the 3rd front fan on the Nexus looks like it would be partially blocked by the shroud anyways.

Rhaemond

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
If you really like the look of the M3 a lot better, I'd get it and just run the front fans at a higher speed than the exhaust fans to get slightly positive airflow/pressure.
Those case are fairly small and the 3rd front fan on the Nexus looks like it would be partially blocked by the shroud anyways.
I'll have that in mind. Thank you so much!!!

Bebe1980

Commendable
Jul 3, 2019
Hehehe... I'm from the Philippines too with more or less the same question - after reading this I'm going with the M3 because I know my graphics card isn't going to run that hot... so the cooling doesn't matter so much.

Thanks for asking :)