[SOLVED] Best Cheap Liquid CPU Cooling System?

Dec 23, 2018
So my CPU has been starting to run somewhat hot and I’ve been thinking about getting a liquid cooler for the CPU. I came here to ask your guys’s opinion on the best, non-flashy liquid cooler. By “non-flashy” I mean no RGBs, fancy decor or anything like that just a simple, effective liquid cooling system. Keep in mind I have an HP Pavilion Power Desktop 580-137c which only has one fan in the back. Thanks in advance.

Solution
I dont think a liquid cooler would work there. The small size of that case is limiting and Installing an 120mm aio, the largest that would fit, would take up your only 120mm spot, likely adding to your current problem. 120mm aio liquid coolers arent the best either.
You may be able to use a smaller air cooler like a cryorig c7, that is almost guaranteed to fit and deliver good temps. Here is one for 33bucks.
https://m.newegg.com/products/9SIA4UF39D5213?ignorebbr=true&source=googleshopping&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-Mobile-_-pla-CRYOSTORE-_-CPU+Cooling-_-9SIA4UF39D5213&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=CjwKCAiAy-_iBRAaEiwAYhSlAymm3BAQeFD_LuNkNskcA5VNFe29Dw3vp1d8gKg_1RdWif7rty7f4hoCWsIQAvD_BwE.
What temps are you seeing and what...
I dont think a liquid cooler would work there. The small size of that case is limiting and Installing an 120mm aio, the largest that would fit, would take up your only 120mm spot, likely adding to your current problem. 120mm aio liquid coolers arent the best either.
You may be able to use a smaller air cooler like a cryorig c7, that is almost guaranteed to fit and deliver good temps. Here is one for 33bucks.
https://m.newegg.com/products/9SIA4UF39D5213?ignorebbr=true&source=googleshopping&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-Mobile-_-pla-CRYOSTORE-_-CPU+Cooling-_-9SIA4UF39D5213&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=CjwKCAiAy-_iBRAaEiwAYhSlAymm3BAQeFD_LuNkNskcA5VNFe29Dw3vp1d8gKg_1RdWif7rty7f4hoCWsIQAvD_BwE.
What temps are you seeing and what cooler do you have? Anything under 75-80c will not hurt your pc at all. The stock wraith spire cooler for the 1700 shouldn't cause that issue unless its air starved. This could be the case, but hp could have used a cheaper cooler, which isnt uncommon.

Solution
Dec 23, 2018

The stock 120mm fan I don't know the brand :/

Dec 23, 2018

I was getting about 83c for a bit so I shut my PC down. I have the prebuild stock fan right now for the CPU and 1 120mm fan for the case in general.

83 is high, but not too dangerous. I wouldnt bother with any liquid cooler as the only ones that would fit require removing the case fan, have risk for leaking and damaging your pc, cost a lot, and deliver ok results. The cooler i listed would be easier to install, deliver simmilar temps, cost less, and less prone to failure.