Best CPU cooler under $100AUD for fx-8350 4.3ghz

360donuts

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016
I've recently started hitting high temps (65c+) on my overclocked fx-8350 after playing newer games. My current fan cooler is a gammaxx 300 and I obviously need a new cooler. It also needs to have a hight less than 150mm otherwise it'll hit the side of my case. I've been looking at a noctua u9b but maybe there is something better.

Thanks

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
That's not under 150mm,why not wait till we know more about his case.

If i would have just randomly adviced a cpu cooler would the Cryorig H5 Universal be a good candidate too for what it costs there.The Noctua NH-D14 is also just under $100 and still a very good cooler.

Maybe he can fitt an aio watercooler. That's why i ask what case he has.

Didn't see that part. ;)
Looked through and didn't pick up onn a mention of height, which I kind of confirmed by looking at your comment asking what case he had.
That's not really relevant though, memory height is the only other factor.

360donuts

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016
I didn't expect responses so quick, anyways I think case is a Shaw defense (can't seem to find which one specifically) and my ram is Corsair vengeance blue (4x4). Here is what I've been looking at: http://

360donuts

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016

I ended up going with the nh-u9b-se2 since it's cheaper and i'm actually picking it up today so I don't have to wait for delivery. Thanks anyways for the quick responses :)

Dutchpixel

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
I own 1 and dont hear anything from it and my temps are great.

HOOOO well that's relieving! ;.;
Nearly had a heart attack when I saw which one he went with, that's good to know.
That says for AMD backplates though, it says nowhere that that includes AM3+, it could be referencing AM3 and below....

360donuts

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016
I know i'm pretty late but everything is working 100% better. It fits perfectly (I originally wanted the fans to face horizontally but that didn't work) and temps have never gone higher than 60c.

Thanks for the responses again

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS