Best cpu for gigabyte h110m d2 ddr3

CyberAMES

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
So im planning to buy a cpu and a mobo compatible with a 16gb ddr3-1860. I had an i7 4790k already dead and so my LGA1150 mobo wouldnt work with the latest CPUs anymore so I have to buy a new mobo too.

Im planning to buy a cpu best suited for the given mobo above since thats the only mobo I found compatible with my ram. The problem is, i dont know any good CPUs for it. I'll settle for an i7 6th gen that runs as good if not better than an i7 4790k since I dont want to downgrade as much as possible.

And also if you think, the mobo is not compatible with my ram, could you recommend a good mobo that could work with your recommended 6th gen and my existing ram?

Sorry if my questions are silly since my pc knowledge isnt reformed yet lol. Thank you. Much appreciated.

Edit: would this CPU suffice?https://dynaquestpc.com/product/intel-core-i7-6700k-4-0-4-20ghz-skylake-wpurchase-of-motherboard/

Solution
Your DDR3 won't work with Skylake and newer CPUs. There are a few motherboards that support DDR3L (low voltage). Your RAM isn't low voltage. You either use older generation CPU or new RAM. Those are your choices.

CyberAMES

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
Thanks for replying kanewolf. Actually, I dont plan to upgrade my rig but the 4790k broke so im planning to rebuild my pc around the ram (which is still working). I dont want to upgrade the ram right now since im on a tight budget so I have to compromise with the new cpu and mobo.

I know there would be bottleneck between the ddr3 and the new cpu but do you think it would be noticeable?