Question Best CPU for Minecraft?

ScreperisLT

Reputable
Feb 12, 2020
So I am planning to upgrade my computer. I mainly want to play Minecraft and have many chunks ( 32 at least ) load quickly and get good FPS ( Will be playing with Sodium mod). I currently have a Ryzen 5 5600. I also play games like Teardown ( physics based ), BeamNG Drive, Sons of The Forest and lots of other. I will also definitely be playing GTA VI when it comes out on PC.

The reason for this upgrade is not only for increased performance. I will be buying an ASUS ROG STRIX X870-F when it comes out, because I need a lot of USB-C ports for charging and using my Apple accessories ( also for future proofing ). As of what I read, my motherboard also has a very old Ethernet chip, so getting a newer one is would be nice. I have been getting a few bugs on Windows 11, which I suspect is the motherboard at fault. For example, my Ethernet does not work for like 30 seconds after booting my PC, etc.

I was thinking about getting either a Ryzen 7 9700X or Ryzen 7 7800X3D. Which CPU would be better for Minecraft? I know Minecraft uses only a single core, but would extra cache help it or not? Maybe Intel is a better alternative?

I currently have:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600
ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
Corsair 2x8GB 3600Mhz CL16 RAM
ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070 ( Will probably be upgrading to an RTX 5080 when it comes out )
Corsair RM850X 850W PSU

Hey there,

Well key to everything is the monitor resolution you will be playing on?

The 7800x3d will give you better results for pure FPS. It also has better 1% lows, which indicate smooth gameplay.

The other issues you have with Win 11 may just be down to corrupt/missing files. Run SFC and DISM: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...em-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e

Are all system drivers up to date?

What bios are you currently running?