Best CPU for Streaming/Gaming?

lazar.jovovic20

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017
I want to upgrade my PC, so i need a good CPU that will satisfy my needs. I'm looking for a CPU that can support gaming and streaming at the same time. So i've came here for help. I was thinking between Ryzen 7 and Intels I7. From the start i should say that i am not any sort of an expert for these things and that's why i'm seeking help from you guys. So what's the best thing or should i say ''bang for the buck'' CPU i can get out of these. And please tell, if any new CPU will come in near future if that would be my better option. Thanks.

Solution
The explanation will be in your manual. In fact for the mobo you want, you can download the manual in advance and scroll through it. It'll walk you briefly through bios setup and what you can expect to see for overclocking. It'll have some presets loaded. You can try several. Some may be good for you, some may not, in which case they just boot back to the stable configuration. There's also ability for all the manual tinkering for enthusiasts but if that's not your cup of tea, stick to presets, and that's fine.

lazar.jovovic20

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017

Thank you for replying, i'll wait to see next gen of Intel then.

lazar.jovovic20

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017

I don't know how do you mean it's recommended if it's not even out yet dude.I wouldn't say my budget is a constraint, but i wouldn't really pay too much money for it. For me CPUs like I9 and Tr are just too much.

Nightlake

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
If you want kind of a low budget processor, I would 100% go with a i7 4790K, they're perfect for gaming & streaming at the same time, etc. Also perfect for rendering and multi-tasking. Although the new series has came out, the i9 and it's incredibly expensive but hella worth it, you just need a good cooling system for that CPU because the temps are... yeah, you can imagine.

hijaxk

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017

Depends on how long you want to wait. I would guess it would be possible to get your hands on a new 8th gen i7 by the end of October. The r5 1600 is very hard to beat for the value, and performs much better than Intel's i5 6600k in terms of streaming. I think that unless the new processors from Intel have great multi-threaded performance,(streaming/editing) I would stick with R5 1600 or an R7 1700/1700X (depending on your budget).

Its not out yet but some performance benchmarks and speculations are already there... https://www.kitguru.net/components/cpu/matthew-wilson/our-first-look-at-intel-core-i7-8700k-performance-is-here/
Chances are it will be similar to 7700k on single core performance but immensely more powerful on multicore performance due to the extra cores and threads. Some leaked benchmarks have already shown its potential, being on par with the Ryzen multi threaded workload... http://wccftech.com/intel-coffee-lake-8th-gen-core-i7-8700k-performance-specs-leak/

lazar.jovovic20

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017

I'm going to wait the 8th gen, if it's not suited for me i'll go with 1700, or 1700x

Not only is it not out yet, it has not been reviewed with gaming, much less gaming with streaming...

Impressive recommendation? :)

"When it comes to performance, the Core i7-8700K delivers 11% better single and 51% better multi-threaded scores compared to the Core i7-7700K. The Core i7-8700K ships with a clock speed of 4.5 GHz in single core mode which is the same as the Core i7-8700K. Keeping that in mind, we are looking at an 11% gain (as per Intel’s performance indicator) and that seems like a good jump in IPC performance. Similarly, the Core i7-8600K gets 19% better single and 55% better multi-threaded scores while the Intel Core i3-8350K gets 17% better single and 65% better multi-threaded scores."

*** Wait for coffee lake benchmarks if you want the best. If you cannot wait, then 1600 is the best deal atm. ***

lazar.jovovic20

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017

Lol 11% better performance.
Clearly i guess the Ryzen won the battle for streaming and gaming at the same time.

Sedivy

Estimable
Problem with 7700 is that it runs hot and every day there are threads on here with people complaining about it. If the new coffee lakes are anything like it, it'll be awful. Another problem is that intel isn't too keen on keeping motherboard compatibility. The bullshit move with z270 vs z370 is not going to be the last of it whereas amd guaranteed mobo compatibility till 2020. Price/performance ratio wise, I think ryzen is a smarter buy right now, rather than waiting on coffee lakes. That could be just me though...

Sedivy

Estimable
Well...intel 6 core (and above) has to show it is considerably better than ryzen 6 core and above, and worth the price, wait and extra motherboard expense. The thorough reviews have yet to come in on that. If I was buying right now I'd be going ryzen for sure.

1800x is meant or gaming @4k. For 1080p, Intel chips are still the best. If you wanna go Ryzen, get the 1600, its more than enough.
1800x or 1700 is not your ideal gaming cheap as you dont need 8 cores for gaming, not even in the near future. There are very few games that use more than even 4 cores.

Intel claimed the '10% faster' nonsense on the 7700K move up from 6700K; I'd prefer to see the cpu in action with a few games and applications rather than arbitrarily taking/believing their marketing numbers at face value anymore.. :)

The 10% improvement is not accurate but not nonsense either... http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-6700K/3647vs3502 and you have clearly missed the next post of mine.