Best CPU for Streaming/Gaming?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lazar.jovovic20

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017
I want to upgrade my PC, so i need a good CPU that will satisfy my needs. I'm looking for a CPU that can support gaming and streaming at the same time. So i've came here for help. I was thinking between Ryzen 7 and Intels I7. From the start i should say that i am not any sort of an expert for these things and that's why i'm seeking help from you guys. So what's the best thing or should i say ''bang for the buck'' CPU i can get out of these. And please tell, if any new CPU will come in near future if that would be my better option. Thanks.

Solution
The explanation will be in your manual. In fact for the mobo you want, you can download the manual in advance and scroll through it. It'll walk you briefly through bios setup and what you can expect to see for overclocking. It'll have some presets loaded. You can try several. Some may be good for you, some may not, in which case they just boot back to the stable configuration. There's also ability for all the manual tinkering for enthusiasts but if that's not your cup of tea, stick to presets, and that's fine.

lazar.jovovic20

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017

Intel is good if you are only going to play video games.But from what i've learned Ryzen is far better at multitasking such as streaming and gaming, and browsing at the same time actully

lazar.jovovic20

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017

I agree with you on that, intel is very good if you are only going to play. But for multitasking such as playing/streaming/browsing Ryzen wins that. In my opinion, and that's why i'll probably go with 1700.

The 1600 is pretty capable of doing all that and more. It also overclocks better due to 2 lesser cores, hence less heat generated.

lazar.jovovic20

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017

Yeah, but i wouldn't really want to overclock my cpu to be honest.

Sedivy

Estimable
Don't stress about OC. It's as simple as selecting a pre-loaded preset. If there's any issues, it restarts into the previous configuration automatically.
If you don't want to do it, it's fine, but get a mobo that supports it (less issue with ryzen as most of its mobos support it pretty much). One day when you do feel your cpu has aged and you really want to push it a little, you'll be grateful for the ability to do so.

lazar.jovovic20

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017

Then that's amazing. I never OC anything so i don't know anything about it. Yeah i will get Asus Crosshair VI Hero i think that one would be more then enough. If i ever feel to overclock anything

lazar.jovovic20

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017

I will do that after some period of time. TBH i don't know how to OC so at the start i won't even try it.

Sedivy

Estimable
The explanation will be in your manual. In fact for the mobo you want, you can download the manual in advance and scroll through it. It'll walk you briefly through bios setup and what you can expect to see for overclocking. It'll have some presets loaded. You can try several. Some may be good for you, some may not, in which case they just boot back to the stable configuration. There's also ability for all the manual tinkering for enthusiasts but if that's not your cup of tea, stick to presets, and that's fine.

Solution