Best Custon Speed Fan Curve for CPU Temps

Jun 21, 2018
Hello all,

I'm attempting to maximize cooling while keep my fans as quiet as possible. I have a i7-4770 with a Artic Freeze 33 on it and 3 case fans ( 1 exhaust and 2 intake ). I'm wondering if this curve looks good enough for what I'm trying to accomplish or if there are any suggestions that will improve my curve.The curve is based of my my CPU (Core 0). Idle temp is around 30-35 C.

https://gyazo.com/1c525fbed225ebb31079901c1d4d7cec

Solution
You should HWMonitor for checking your temps, it records your current temps on every core and the peak temp reach during your usage, either gamer or whatever you do.

Second thing you need to know here, whats the acceptable % on your cooler where it not so noisy? lets assume that 80% fan speed produces the max noise you wanna be working with, set it you curve to 80% from 50 to 65, and 100% 65C and up, start working, if you hear your cooler speeding up, it means 80% cant keep you on the 4770k desired temperature ranges on load, if it never speeds up, you can start lowering the RPM.
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? for what i can understand you set your fan to 100% when it reaches 70C. If you like to play it safe, you want to stay under 65C, although under 70C is perfectly fine for 4770k on load.

what is your max recorded tempo under load atm ?

Jun 21, 2018

Im trying to keep my PC cool while trying to make it as silent as possible. So I'm just trying to find the most efficent curve for my PC. Using CPU-Z For about 5 minutes. I was around 56 C.

You should HWMonitor for checking your temps, it records your current temps on every core and the peak temp reach during your usage, either gamer or whatever you do.

Second thing you need to know here, whats the acceptable % on your cooler where it not so noisy? lets assume that 80% fan speed produces the max noise you wanna be working with, set it you curve to 80% from 50 to 65, and 100% 65C and up, start working, if you hear your cooler speeding up, it means 80% cant keep you on the 4770k desired temperature ranges on load, if it never speeds up, you can start lowering the RPM.

Solution