[SOLVED] Best DDR3 RAM for my MOBO

Solution
only that RAM models can give best performance?

No.

Those RAM modules are certified to work on your motherboard.

Others not on that list MAY or MAY NOT work.

I don't know of any way you can determine which of all possible modules will give you "best performance" without actually testing all possible modules. Which is probably impossible for you to do.

So you make a guess, possibly relying on a review or on someone's anecdote or on the specification sheet of the RAM or whatever............without actual testing on your own motherboard.

It's anybody's guess whether or not you would notice the difference between this RAM or that RAM as long as your motherboard will boot and recognize all the sticks properly.
only that RAM models can give best performance?

No.

Those RAM modules are certified to work on your motherboard.

Others not on that list MAY or MAY NOT work.

I don't know of any way you can determine which of all possible modules will give you "best performance" without actually testing all possible modules. Which is probably impossible for you to do.

So you make a guess, possibly relying on a review or on someone's anecdote or on the specification sheet of the RAM or whatever............without actual testing on your own motherboard.

It's anybody's guess whether or not you would notice the difference between this RAM or that RAM as long as your motherboard will boot and recognize all the sticks properly.

Reactions: Giorgi379
Solution

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
When I consider DDR3 memory for general/office use I always look for Samsung or Hynix. If I want it to have a bit more 'panache' (IE look better) I tend to search for Corsair Vengeance or similar.

Looking for RAM that is on the QVL is best practice. With that said, I have rarely experienced issues with Intel where it comes to RAM compatibility.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I'm repeating post #2 and #4. The RAM QVL (Qualified Vendors List ) for Asus P8H61-MX is here.

These are the modules which Asus actually tested on the motherboard. It doesn't mean there are no other compatible modules. There might be other DDR3 1066, 1333 or 1866 RAM that works with the board but Asus has not tested them.

You can search and see if people have matched other DDR3 1066, 1333 or 1866 modules with this board and if they worked properly. ONly way to find out if they actually work or not is but installing them in the slots and testing. If system POSTs (Power-On self tests) and if it's OK and stable you can check memory modules with a bootable USB containing a bootable memtes86 to see if they throw errors or not and also tests like Prime95 in Windows to see if the RAM behaves and works as it should. You can also use CPU-Z or HWiNFO to see whether RAM is working at correct speed/clock or not.

Giorgi379

Reputable
May 12, 2020
thanks all, i would buy from ebay and cant test it so im searching which is work on my motherboard
i know it must be
DDR3
1066,1333, 1600 Mhz

and i dont know which CLwill work