Question Best e-atx full tower airflow case 9900k and Aorus extream

migillicutty

Honorable
Aug 17, 2014
Hey guys,

I am looking to do a new build in the next couple of months using the Aorus extream or msi godlike, 9900k, either the noctua d15 or the Dark rock pro 4 for air cooling.

I have watched over 20 gamer nexus's videos on cases for thermals and I know that he recommends the h500p mesh, and h500m cases for thermals but they seem to be closer to the mid tower not full. Since I am air cooling I would like more space in the system for the larger air coolers I am considering. If also looked at the thermaltake level 20gt and it has been said that an e-atx mobo will cover the cable pass-throughs. I would like rgb, tempered glass, mesh and dust filters (I live in the desert) and room for a possible water cooling upgrade in the future.

Can any of you out there please make any suggestions other than the cases I mentioned above that will fit the criteria I am looking for?

If you need any other info to help base a decision on please ask.

Thank you all in advance for your time to read my post and your efforts to answer my questions!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Actually, full tower cases tend to be worse for air cooling, while the smaller cases work better, simply because of the fact that the front intake fans tend to be closer to the motherboard, providing more direct cooling.
One of the reasons for wanting to go full tower is for liquid cooling; more room for larger rads = better cooling.

H500p mesh and H500m are indeed mid towers and great air cooling focused cases, but their options for liquid cooling are limited. I mean, their focus was on air cooling, so it makes sense for them to have fewer options for liquid cooling.

If you truly intend to go liquid, my suggestions would be either the Cooler Master Cosmos C700M, or Corsair 1000D. Both of these cases can support some massive radiators,420mm and 480mm respectively.

migillicutty

Honorable
Aug 17, 2014
Actually, full tower cases tend to be worse for air cooling, while the smaller cases work better, simply because of the fact that the front intake fans tend to be closer to the motherboard, providing more direct cooling.
One of the reasons for wanting to go full tower is for liquid cooling; more room for larger rads = better cooling.

H500p mesh and H500m are indeed mid towers and great air cooling focused cases, but their options for liquid cooling are limited. I mean, their focus was on air cooling, so it makes sense for them to have fewer options for liquid cooling.

If you truly intend to go liquid, my suggestions would be either the Cooler Master Cosmos C700M, or Corsair 1000D. Both of these cases can support some massive radiators,420mm and 480mm respectively.

Thank you for taking the time to explain this, I really appreciate it. With that in mind about mid towers being better for air cooling do you by chance know if the h500p mesh or h500m will fit a e-atx MB (mis godlike, aorus xtream) without covering the cable management cut outs?

Againg thanks for your time with my questions!!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Thank you for taking the time to explain this, I really appreciate it. With that in mind about mid towers being better for air cooling do you by chance know if the h500p mesh or h500m will fit a e-atx MB (mis godlike, aorus xtream) without covering the cable management cut outs?

Againg thanks for your time with my questions!!
No, as they most certainly will cover those cut out cable grommets(conformed to ATX mobos). You would primarily be routing your cables via the cable management cover passthrough to the rest of your devices and psu.

migillicutty

Honorable
Aug 17, 2014

migillicutty

Honorable
Aug 17, 2014
No, as they most certainly will cover those cut out cable grommets(conformed to ATX mobos). You would primarily be routing your cables via the cable management cover passthrough to the rest of your devices and psu.

I really appreciate your answers. I thought as much and so I started learning towards larger towers. But if there is still an option for cable routing/management for these cases then I will have another look at potentially using one or the other. Very much appreciated!!!