Best Exhaust/Intake Fans

franitalia

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
Hello guys,,i'm currently using a Corsair C70 case for my main rig.Unfortunately,the stock fan mounted on the rear seems to have stop spinning,in other words,it's broken.I guess it maybe due to a lot of power jumps that recurringly happen at my home.So could u guys give me the best alternative that can be found in the market to replace the rear exhaust fan? Furthermore,would it affect the voltage supplied by my PSU if i were to add additional fans to my rig? A little more detail on my rig:

Intel i5-3550
Asus GTX680
8gb ram
128gb ssd
1tb hdd
corsair ax750

Since i'm not using any watercooling solutions,it would be better if I use more fans on my rig,right?But if only my PSU could bear the additional power consumption.Among of the few options that i've been looking into are:

1)Scythe GT
2)Noctua NF-F12
3)Corsair AF-120

These three have been highly recommended by fellow forumers and reviews i've read on them have been positive so far.AFAIK,these are fans with high CFM for dissipating heat and suitable rpm.Ignoring the noise and cost factor,which one would you recommend?Other suggestions are also welcomed.Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions.

If any doubt may occur GO NOCTUA :p no seriously noctua fans are with the best on the market

franitalia

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014

So for Noctua NF-F12,there's really no other colour option than the whitey-brown latte finishing? Thanks for the power rating btw,that really concerns me.

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/compare/noctua-case-fan-nff12industrialppc2000%2Cnoctua-case-fan-nff12industrialppc2000pwm%2Cnoctua-case-fan-nfs12bredux1200%2Cnoctua-case-fan-nfs12bredux1200pwm/

franitalia

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014

So the one with PWM enabled would allow the fans rpm to be automatically adjusted accordingly,is it?Sorry for the noob question,it's my first time replacing a case fan.

Yes it has you can get the noctua redux those are the gray version off them or the industrial fans those are difrrent and better then the normal noctua's but also a bit louder

Depending on your specific motherboard, both versions (FLX, PWM) can be controlled using your BIOS fan settings or fan control software. The difference is in the method of control - PWM basically uses 12V pulses to control fan speed, non-PWM changes the voltage based on RPM feedback from the fan. PWM allows more precise control and lower idle RPMS. As Noctua models are usually the same price for both versions, and Noctua PWMs don't have any issues running with voltage control, you might as well get the PWM version.

franitalia

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014

Ok,I've decided,Noctua NF-F12 it is.Kudos to you guys,the two of you have been a helping hand.Thanks a bunch!