[SOLVED] Best fan to replace Fractal Design Dynamic X2 GP-12 120 mm

marklcfc

Prominent
Feb 13, 2019
Looking for very quiet fans to replace the two fans on my computer. I literally know nothing so any advice welcome, I was looking at the Noctua NF-F12 PWM and Noctua NF-S12A PWM as they are the same size but have no idea what the difference is etc

Solution
I was looking at the Noctua NF-F12 PWM and Noctua NF-S12A PWM as they are the same size but have no idea what the difference is etc
Air pressure.
The NF-F12s should be used for chassis intakes, and the NF-S12A for chassis exhaust.
Then there's the NF-A12x25, which is a jack of all trades, master of none type.

If the fan slot can accommodate a 140mm, then the NF-A14 pretty much beats them all.

Other quiet fan options are Scythe's Kaze Flex 120mm and Arctic's P12(pressure) & F12(airflow).

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I was looking at the Noctua NF-F12 PWM and Noctua NF-S12A PWM as they are the same size but have no idea what the difference is etc
Air pressure.
The NF-F12s should be used for chassis intakes, and the NF-S12A for chassis exhaust.
Then there's the NF-A12x25, which is a jack of all trades, master of none type.

If the fan slot can accommodate a 140mm, then the NF-A14 pretty much beats them all.

Other quiet fan options are Scythe's Kaze Flex 120mm and Arctic's P12(pressure) & F12(airflow).

Solution