Best File transfer method over internet

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blasc

Reputable
Nov 21, 2014
Hello and good afternoon.

I'm seeking for a software or a website that allows the transfer of files between two computers, over the internet (and fast transfers).

For easily to understand my problem, i'm at work and connected to my home PC, through TeamViewer. I want to transfer a file from my home PC to this one. My method is to upload it to Mega.nz (old megaupload) and then download it here on the work's PC.
I do this because TeamViewer's file transfer is rather slow as any SFTP software.

So my goal would be to have a software that transfers files over the internet, directly and with no need for encryption or high security. My main objective is for it to be fast.

Is there any kind of software or website that has this? Thanks in advance

DeadlyDays

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
you think there is an easy option, there isn't. peer to peer file transfer has not really advanced at all in the past 10 years.

Here are the things that can transfer directly, Download from website(webserver), FTP, SFTP, Telnet, SMB, NFS, email, fax, and then various encrypted forms of ftp transfers.....I can't really think of anything else off the top of my head, not common anyway. Out of all of those FTP is going to be the fastest.

I think you are highly overestimating what is available. You already have the easiest option, use the built in sftp in teamviewer. Slightly less overhead is using a dedicated FTP client/server which is filezilla, which is about as easy as it gets without paying for something. I mean there are several dozen programs that use ftp/sftp/etc and implement them differently, do a google search on ftp apps or something.

I'm not sure what you are expecting, but if it is more then you are going to be disappointed.

blasc

Reputable
Nov 21, 2014

sory i didn't answer that question of your previous post.

the difference in upload speeds (mega VS teamviewer)
wnZcunc.png

aVr6son.png

"woow so much conspiracy theories and such x) lol I knew americans were paranoid, but not at the level you guys sound like"

We just care about our data and privacy, especially after the NSA bullshit our country did. You're probably not going to get anymore help after a comment like that and denying help from others.

Status
Not open for further replies.