Best FPS Gaming Mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kortex

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
I just built a new system and figured I'd try one of those razer mice out. I bought the Razer boomslang
collecter's edition (link below) and it's nice but the side buttons are extremely easy to press. It's kind of
annoying really. Do gaming mice really make that big of a difference? Might I be better off with just a
regular microsoft mouse?

Razer Boomslang
Razer Mouse [newegg]

Microsoft Mouse
Microsoft Mouse [newegg]

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Judging by the picture i wouldnt even let my cat crap on it. There is supposedly a decent Razer but i forget the name...aint that one though. Never heard of it.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
i love my G9 people say its ugly but i cant find a better gaming mouse, G5 is a great choice aswell.

isn't the razor Diamondback meant to be there good one?

murdoc

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008

No. that's the G7. G9 is wired and has a new design. It's geared towards "finger" users. G5 is tailored to palm users.

I use G5 and i'm absolutely happy with it.

I haven't heard much about the boomslang series but if I was to choose between Razor and Microsoft Razor Wins.

My last Microsoft mouse was the IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. It was marketed to have best egronomic design for its time and I got hand cramps after using it for 3 years or so. So far, nothing yet from my Logitech G5.

I haven't actually used a razor mouse so I can't say but Logitech makes pretty nice mice too. It depends what you need really. If you need the extra profiles Razor does it a lot better.

Design wise Logitech and Razor comes pretty much head to head.

Kraynor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
I prefer Razer mice because I'm a finger mover and they've always designed towards us types, whereas Logitech have always been better for palm users. Not sure what that means? Put your hand on your mouse and move it. Is your palm on it or are you moving it with your fingertips?

I have a Razer Lachesis and wouldn't part with it (unless I got my hands on a Mamba).

mi1ez

Splendid
If you can get to a shop where they're willing to let you feel how the sit in your hand, that's the best way to buy. No amount of reading or recommendations will get you the right mouse.

mcmonsterkill

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
I think I finally figured out why I don't like my G5 after reading the palm/finger comments. I always thought it felt like a lazy casual gamer mouse for someone who played WOW. Guess its just not made for me.

stevensl2

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009

same here, i have a red lachesis, and i upgraded from a logitech G5, i'v tried various mice.
and i would not upgrade unless i get my hands on a mamba ( i will soon enough =)

mayhemw1ns

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
Not sure about the G5 my buttons on the side went out and cple of other buddies same thing happened. I bought Razor Deathadder and im sad i went with G5 first then this.

SLI-FPS

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
the best mouse is razer mamba if you don't care about money and if you care about money get the deathadder 3.5g they are the best for FPS gaming.

witches_jelly

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Give the Saitek Cyborg mouse a look. It has plenty of programmable buttons, the ergonomics are surprising very good despite its odd appearance in fact better then a vast majority of gaming mice which is why I bought it. It can change length to better accommodate your hand be it big or small. I got mine not long after they came out and its given me no problems. And now that a newer more complex version is out the older ones can be had for cheap. I paid I think $45 for mine and looking online you can now get them for $25. A bargain for such a good mouse. Is it the best out there? Probably not but it certainly doesn't hinder me, I rape in BC2. :D
saitek%20cyborg_mouse.gif

madassassin98

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
I like my G9x it has 2 changeable mouse covers. Weights (up to 21g) 4000 dpi settings and 2 changeable macro keys. Also in FPS's like CS:S I run with 800 dpi.

G

I know this topic is old but for all the people still reading this:

The choices of the mice that the topic starter had are bad.

Mamba is a big fat heavy mouse, it is good for a low sensitivity user with a big mousemat and enough space, but when it comes to fast actions etc. its bad.

The second microsoft mouse is a general desktop mouse, good for a casual gamer that doesnt care about hardware.

When it comes to fps games, precision and long time use id pick from the following mice.

Logitech:

g5 or g500(g500 has weights and more options)
MX518 ( PERFECT mouse for palm users, very lightweight recommended for snipers)
G9, personally never used it, but for the gamer that also does some MMORPG's its really nice.

Razer:
Copperhead (a really old school mouse, VERY lightweight nice layout. Long time use gets u crampy hands).
DeathAdder ( PERFECT mouse, good for right hand users, they put a lefty on the market too. its very lightweight, cool effects. anti slip, good for people with sweaty hands.)
DiamondBack (well what can i say about this one, its almost the same as deathadder, more Hz and DPI settings, a little bigger, just a LITTLE.)

Microsoft:

This is a easy topic, either choose from:

Intelli explorer 1.1a or 3.0. (they do have a scroll bug but its easy fixed, TUTS on youtube)
BOTH lightweight good for palm users.

Roccat:

All mouses that they brought out are good, they have many options.

Steelseries:
HAH! yes ok, most inexpierenced gamers would pick the most expensive ones here. but i'd say, when it comes to steelseries GO LOW.

Kinzu (good mouse, a bit light and small)
Xai (same as Kinzu, but has internal storage, good for LAN gamers , but double check it. it bugs)
Ikari ( Personally for me this was a waste when i bought it, i HATED it. its smaller than the Xai and Kinzu, and more bulky. It does have more options.) (if you decide to go with the optical, its a good mouse for snipers, still bulky)

I havent tried more mouses than these.

Hopefully I helped some FPS gamers pick a mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.