Question Best Free Alternative to PowerDVD ...

masti.faltoo

Commendable
Jan 30, 2019
I hv been using powerdvd for playing my music and video files for many years... since 2013 ... and hv been upgrading it every year until "powerdvd 16" .... now im not willing to use it anymore because all my blurray dvds are not used anymore and music files are rarely used because we (and usuallly everybody) uses online services like amazon prime or music for all these ....

But still I have a huge collection of music and very old music videos classifies as a playlist in my Cyberlink PowerDVD libraries..... Can anybdy suggest me a best free music player with a decent library manager...?

I would recommend VLC - in short, it is incredibly powerful, functional and can work with pretty much any codec that is available.

The skins will allow you to make it pretty and it will be upgraded well well into the future

Google and do a little research to know how to use it properly and you will realise its the best video player there is, and its free

MusicBee would be a great library manager for music

Both i use and get my users to use when needed

masti.faltoo

Commendable
Jan 30, 2019
I see nothing wrong with Windows Media Player for organizing music libraries, to be honest.

I was also looking to go back WMP ... but to import the pdvd libraries to wmp i hv to export all libraries to *.m3u format which collect least information .... many of my music files have info like album cover, favourite etc which will be ignored by m3u format...

I want to export pdvd libs to *.pls files bec it collect more information than m3u file and then pls file to *.wpl file...

Is there anyway I can import *.pls directly to WMP or Is there any PLS --> WPL converter available?

D

Deleted member 14196

Foobar 2000 is great. Don’t bother importing and exporting anything let it find your media and set it up

PCMDDOCTORS

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2015
Have you ever thought of running a old version of PowerDVD you are comfortable with? I also use VLC Player and I love it. I have had it for 20 years almost. If it's not broke, don't fix it (PowerDVD).