Best Games With The Most Playable Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

darth_adversor

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Disappointed to see Skyrim on the list. Love TES, but I found Skyrim to be lifeless and boring. Sure, there's a lot to do, but I didn't feel like it really meant anything.

grozzie

Reputable
Feb 26, 2014
What about DIABLO III?

OK I expect to be slammed - but it's still a fantastic game and I love playing it!

Xavier_Abii

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
Andromeda is on this list? I thought this was a list of the BEST games not unbelievably disappointing. This article is obviously a load of crock lol.

joshyboy82

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
I bought and beat with all expansions, Fallout 3, three times. First on Xbox360, Second Windows Live Games, Third on Steam. I never felt that level of enjoyment in FO4.

Also, I'd like to second darth_adversor. I had more fun in Oblivion. The selling point of skyrim was Dragons, but after the first 2 or 3, you want them to go away forever.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Yesterday, Amazon lowered the price on a number of games including the new Mass Effect Andromeda to $30. I ordered that from their Prime Now site since I had a $10 Rewards credit and it came with free Same Day Shipping. I made off good.. only paying $20. They also had Just Cause 3 for under $15 with the JC3 DLC for $6.24.

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007

Ha yes I do.

That's since last October. I usually play weekends and I don't go to bed till 2am so I play it when the GF goes to bed from 11pm till 2am a few nights a week. Soon racks up.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Not to hate on gaming, but isn't anyone the slightest bit bothered that all the challenges and obstacles you're overcoming and rewards you're gaining are not only artificial, but even sometimes carefully measured to maximize the addictive effect?

https://www.ted.com/talks/tom_chatfield_7_ways_games_reward_the_brain

I specifically avoided MMORPGs, like WoW, because I predicted I'd get sucked in and become a 40+ hours/week gamer. I already have one full-time job, thank you.

Not that I never play games, but only stuff I can pick up for a few hours and not play again for a couple months.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador

Do you still have a GF!?!

... I kid.
; )

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Heh, Not a list for me. Xcom I'll get 30 to 40 hours out of. I'm almost 1800 hours into ARK Survival Evolved. My kids spend that much time on Minecraft.

The nice thing is the diversity in gaming compared to where it used to be. We're not stuck solely on 2d playing fields or limited screens like centipede (shoot the dots as they drop down), pacman (collect the dots through a maze), pong (bounce the dot back and forth) lol.

There are fast paced racing games, involved mentally challenging games like minecraft or civilization, open world fantasy games like skyrim/witcher, multiplayer team games, war games etc. It's not always about the absolute best game, it's whatever folks enjoy playing. "Best" is often subjective and everyone has different tastes.

Jester Maroc

Distinguished
I wouldn't be surprised to see a totally different list if it were to be based on hours played on Steam, so it makes me wonder how this list would compare...

Multiplayer trumps single player in terms of replay-ability every single time, so I wonder why there are no MOBA's or E-sport titles on this list.

Boof

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
Where is "World Of Warcraft"?
If Skyrim and such games are here..where is WoW? I have like 2000 days total played in that game, and it is still going strong...

chill1221

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010

Absolutely agree! I've lost many hours to seasonal play.

GeekyChiranjit

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017
If any one ask for mine best games it would one name which comes first on my tongue, That is <a href="http://www.trickshook.com/2017/07/modern-combat-5-offline.html">modern combat 5 Offline</a>; I spend lot of memorial gaming hours with this amazing action shooting game. It is nothing a best android game for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.