Question best gpu for this pc

Apr 22, 2022
I purchased a brand-new Dell OptiPlex 9020 Mini Tower, it has an i7 4790, 16GB DDR3 ram, 4x4GB 1600 MHz, Crucial MX500 1TB and Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with service pack 1. I have the optional security updates to 2023 so please don't turn this into a "why you should upgrade to win 10/11 thread". The PC only has integrated graphics and I want to upgrade the GPU. My monitor is a Dell Ultrasharp 2009WT 20 inch LCD. it has a resolution is 1680x1050 and a refresh rate of 60hz with a 5 ms response time. What would be the absolute best GPU to pair with this machine? The PSU is only 290 watts so I can only use a 75 watt gpu.

A2D3RS0N

Prominent
May 3, 2021
The issue you will have based on hardware restrictions of the cap limit based on data transfer rate of your PCIEX16slot 2.0/3.0.( I don't know your motherboard) most newer cards are designed to take advantage of PCIE 4.0 data rate transfer speed or for newer versions. The best part about GPU's designed for newer hardware are reverse compatible for older versions of PCIe X16 slots. I will give an example of bypassing a hardware cap restricted by an out dated motherboard, lets say my motherboard has only SATA II 3GBs and I can't fully use my GPU to process the data even when my older PCIE architecture has the ability to process more graphic based programming, So I order a SATA III 6gb's expansion card PCIE X1 and a PCIeX1 slot extension cable so I can untlize that slot my card blocks and get higher frames per second and limit cap restrictions by installing a new or newer GPU. I am sure you can compare models at https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

A2D3RS0N

Prominent
May 3, 2021
I really wish people would stop using the word bottleneck, most people who know nothing about comuters don't know what your talking about, and start using correct terms as in hardware cap restriction (HCR) and since I am here I will just leave a link for electronic manuals from gpu's motherboards and many other electronics. https://manualzz.com/

Apr 22, 2022
The issue you will have based on hardware restrictions of the cap limit based on data transfer rate of your PCIEX16slot 2.0/3.0.( I don't know your motherboard) most newer cards are designed to take advantage of PCIE 4.0 data rate transfer speed or for newer versions. The best part about GPU's designed for newer hardware are reverse compatible for older versions of PCIe X16 slots. I will give an example of bypassing a hardware cap restricted by an out dated motherboard, lets say my motherboard has only SATA II 3GBs and I can't fully use my GPU to process the data even when my older PCIE architecture has the ability to process more graphic based programming, So I order a SATA III 6gb's expansion card PCIE X1 and a PCIeX1 slot extension cable so I can untlize that slot my card blocks and get higher frames per second and limit cap restrictions by installing a new or newer GPU. I am sure you can compare models at https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/
It has a PCIe 3.0 x16