[SOLVED] Best graphic card for ASRock N68C-GS4 FX with AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1065T Processor x6 ?

setha

Honorable
Apr 15, 2014
Hi there,

I am looking for the best graphic card for motherboard "ASRock N68C-GS4 FX", with CPU "AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1065T Processor x6".
I have 8 GB of RAM.

I hope you can help.

Thank you.

Solution
Hi there,

I am looking for the best graphic card for motherboard "ASRock N68C-GS4 FX", with CPU "AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1065T Processor x6".
I have 8 GB of RAM.

I hope you can help.

Thank you.

The main thing you need is to find a graphics card that supports legacy bios as from what I can tell that motherboard doesn't support UEFI which is needed for most modern graphics cards.

The newest series of cards that should work are the Geforce 1000 series, although that processor is going to hold those cards back in most cases. Something like a GTX 1050 would probably work well, you could also look at cards form the GTX 900 series I would avoid older Geforce cards than that due to poor driver support in more recent titles.

On the...
Hi there,

I have 8 GB of RAM.

I hope you can help.

Thank you.

The main thing you need is to find a graphics card that supports legacy bios as from what I can tell that motherboard doesn't support UEFI which is needed for most modern graphics cards.

The newest series of cards that should work are the Geforce 1000 series, although that processor is going to hold those cards back in most cases. Something like a GTX 1050 would probably work well, you could also look at cards form the GTX 900 series I would avoid older Geforce cards than that due to poor driver support in more recent titles.

On the AMD side, you would need to stick to older cards, cards from the HD R9 200 series (e.g. R9 280 or R9 290) as well as the previous gen HD 7000 (e.g. 7970 / 7950) would be worth looking at. Don't look at cards older than the 7000 series - those cards still get driver support however the HD6000 / 5000 series are based on a different architecture and are no longer supported (unless you want to use the machine for retro games).

The other thing to check before buying a new gpu is to make sure you power supply is up to it - cards like the R9 290 series use a fair bit of power and need external power connectors from the PSU. A newer lower tier card like the 1050 is less power hungry so will work with weaker supplies.

Solution