Best Graphics Cards For the Money: March 2011

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cleeve

Illustrious
[citation][nom]JWL3[/nom]I don't get it: The 560Ti in THG's 2011 gamer charts beats the 5870 in all games (by a wide margin) except for Mafia 2.[/citation]

That's not true.

I think you might accidentally be looking at factory overclocked 560 Ti results. Reference 560 Ti results don't have a brand name beside them, you might want to have another look.

I've tallied up the charts and here's the results. out of the 10 game benches:

5 are won by the 5870
4 are ties (results within 3 fps of each other)
1 is won by the 560 Ti

Fro more game results you might want to check the GeForce GTX 560 Ti launch review: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-560-ti-gf114,2845.html

stiehl

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
the 5870 is around $200-230...why isn't it on the chart when it provides similar results to your $280 option and is vastly superior to the $180 options.

G

What motherboard would be good to run the 2 6950 2g cards in crossfire. I just bought two of them based on this article. Thanks for any help, I'm totally clueless about tech.

G

In my case, will be starting off w a brand new computer -building via dell or HP.

Im not sure if dell or HP yet), which card would be better for my (9GB MEM 1.5 TB --Im not sure if getting i7-970 six core or i7-930 8mb yet)

Now it is between

ATI radeon HD 5670 1gb GDDR5
or
2gb ddr3 nvidia ge force GT 420

grateful for the help.

G

ATI is GARBAGE - NEVER GONA BUY THAT GARBAGE AGAIN.. amd.. you get what you pay for. I bought a 1GB ATI radeon, so disappointed, I'm buying an nvidia again. What a waste of money. This card won't even play condemned -and old game, the textures looked all screwed up, tried to play COD4. forget it. HD video editing..Pffff forget it. MAYA? ahahha. I'm buying an nvidia card.

LongwayToFuture

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
Hi everybody. i want To Buy a good quality Graphic Card HD
For Watching Movie And For Video And Web Editing Music Not For Gaming. Under $100 Dollars.

I Have a Computer

HP Workstation xw6200 Xeon 3.2GHz

any suggestions and help me which card to buy For My Pc Workstadion Thank you..

Status
Not open for further replies.