Best GTX 980s in SLI?

allahpayneyo

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
Right now I'm looking at the MSI Twin Frozr V and the ASUS Matrix Platinum GTX 980 to put into sli in my build. What do you guys think about these two cards? Which one do you suggest putting in my build?

allahpayneyo

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
That's honestly what I was thinking after reading some reviews on it. People seem to really love it.

The matrix platinum seems like a nice card, but because I'm not going to be hard core over clocking it seems like a bit of a waste of money. Thank you for the replies!

allahpayneyo

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
I've run into a bit of a problem. I was going to buy one MSI twin frozr v from amazon and one from newegg due to the fact I have enough Amazon gift cards to cover one and enough PayPal to cover the other. However, the MSI card is not available on Amazon for a reasonable price. Which may lead me to end up buying 2x matrix platinums... Would this be worth it? I know the MSI are good cards, but the aesthetics of the platinum are appealing to me and the core clock runs faster.
Are there any downsides in getting the matrix platinums over the twin frozr except for price?