Best H97 Motherboard compatible with Nvidia SLI?

James Collinson

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015
I'm having a hard time finding a H97 Motherboard compatible with Nvidia SLI that is ATX size and is compatible with the other components in my system;

• Intel Core i7-4790 Processor
    Corsair Vengeance Red 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold
    Intel 730 SSD 480GB
    WD Black 1TB

I would be great if the board way around the 200$ mark to 300$ at most, but If I could be pointed in the the right way that would really help!

• -Thanks!
    -James

also even if you don't plan to sli or overclock I still go with the z boards to keep options open in case I were to change my mind - with the z your still covered and not looking back with the ''dang I now wish I went z '' and end up rebuying another board to do what the H could not -- buy once right the first time [opinion]

being a amd guy and not knowing better my first intel go round I went i5 - it was good and ran fine, but I always looked back on it thinking I should of went xeon or i7 - so I upgraded to i7 so that cost me 500 bucks if I just went i7 at first that was just 300 bucks then figured at 250 the zeon was just as good -- so buy right once .. all I see upgrading is 2x the cost in the end [more opinion]

TRENDING THREADS