[SOLVED] Best hard drive for desktop PC?

Aug 1, 2021
Hi guys I’m planning to build a desktop PC but haven’t built one in over 12 years and am not sure what hard drive to buy.

This is the motherboard, CPU and memory which I’m buying from scan.
AMD Athlon 3000G CPU, ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard & 8GB DDR4 RAM + Cooler Bundle

kanewolf

Titan
Hi guys I’m planning to build a desktop PC but haven’t built one in over 12 years and am not sure what hard drive to buy.

This is the motherboard, CPU and memory which I’m buying from scan.
AMD Athlon 3000G CPU, ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard & 8GB DDR4 RAM + Cooler Bundle
I would not recommend an A320 motherboard, get a B450. I would not recommend 8GB RAM, especially if you plan on using the integrated graphics (since you chose a "G" CPU).
A 500GB SATA SSD would be my recommendation for a disk.

Aug 1, 2021
I would not recommend an A320 motherboard, get a B450. I would not recommend 8GB RAM, especially if you plan on using the integrated graphics (since you chose a "G" CPU).
A 500GB SATA SSD would be my recommendation for a disk.
Thanks for the advice. I’ll get that motherboard instead and a better CPU. What size memory would you suggest?

kanewolf

Titan
Thanks for the advice. I’ll get that motherboard instead and a better CPU. What size memory would you suggest?
16GB (2 x8GB) if you can afford it. If you are using the integrated graphics, then that will use 1 - 2 GB of RAM.
What activities do you want to use this PC for?

If you provide a total budget, the country you are in and what you want to accomplish , the collective community can provide a more complete answer.

Thanks for the reply. I’ll get an R5 3600.
If you DO that, then you need a graphics card.

Aug 1, 2021
16GB (2 x8GB) if you can afford it. If you are using the integrated graphics, then that will use 1 - 2 GB of RAM.
What activities do you want to use this PC for?

If you provide a total budget, the country you are in and what you want to accomplish , the collective community can provide a more complete answer.

If you DO that, then you need a graphics card.
Thanks for the info. I live in the UK and plan on buying from scan.co.uk

I want a PC for building websites and using photoshop.

It will have windows 10 or a Linux OS, I’m not sure about this yet.

I want a card reader and a dvd-rw.
The case I have in mind is this an antec-vsk-3000b

Thanks again.
Edit: sorry forgot to add. My budget is £320. That’s without an OS.