Question Best internet in my area for gaming

danielm175

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2016
Hi,

I was woundering what is the best broadband to go with and package for high end gaming and streaming. The area is in this post code BN68JY. Cant get fiber optic broadband as there is no cable, so what is the best of best broadband to go with?

fiber > DOCSIS > DSL
For streaming you need decent upload speeds to do it live. you need to oversize it a little so you don't get any bufferbloat. I think 720p is around 5Mbs.

Playing games uses very little internet. It just needs to have low latency. If you know anyone around you ask them if they have issues.

This is one of those questions you need to ask your neighbors. Even a postal code means little sometimes. There are areas where I used to live you can get gigabit fiber and less than 1000ft away you get nothing, not even dsl. Only option is cellular broadband or some other wireless service.

The neighbors are also going to know how often the different systems have had troubles in the past and how fast the ISP fixes it.

In general as long as you can get enough bandwidth for your needs you will not see significant difference between the types of delivery....I am excluding any form of wireless since those tend to not be as stable for games.